Boateng to Bayern

BlueCityfan said:
We got Boateng for 10m...and we will get him for something like 10-15m.

Bayern want him badly + he is german international. So thats a bonus to have german players in germany.

He is also very young so despite his injury problems this season..we will get good money. Bayern can afford to pay and he is on a long-term contract. So they have to.

We will play hardball that's for sure, 17m-18m. Looks to me he wants to go back to Germany. Probably due to too much time on his hands injured. Good luck to him, if that's the case. We will buy better, we have Richards and Zab for RB. CB will be strengthened with probably 2 new players one looks like the Ajax guy the other being Cahill (unfortunately). I'm more concerned about LB. It's looking like Baines but if we want players CL European experience it has to be Coentrao.

I do not like this news. Not at all.

There's a reason why Bayern decided to go for Boateng instead of Coentrao

Kurple said:

Lol...

They didn't choose Boateng over Coentrao. I think they will play Boateng in the centre.

They were interested in Coentrao..but they dont want to pay that 20m+.

We could easily take that money and go for a more experienced CB like Samba. Or go for Coentrao for a few million more.

In hindsight it really made no sense for us to buy Boateng. Micah and Zaba have the RB position won. Lescott has settled at CB.

BlueCityfan said:
Kurple said:

Lol...

They didn't choose Boateng over Coentrao. I think they will play Boateng in the centre.

they won't pay 20 for Coentrao, but 18 for Boateng?

Kurple said:
BlueCityfan said:
Kurple said:

Lol...

they won't pay 20 for Coentrao, but 18 for Boateng?

I think Benfica want something like 25-30m euros for Coentrao.

We will only get like 15m euro max for Boateng. I never said 18...

Still can't believe this...only when it is confirmed.

BlueCityfan said:
I think Benfica want something like 25-30m euros for Coentrao.

We will only get like 15m euro max for Boateng. I never said 18...

Still can't believe this...only when it is confirmed.
Selling Boateng for only 15 would be even more retarded

And buying Coentrao for close to 30 mill would be even worse<br /><br />-- Mon May 16, 2011 6:03 pm --<br /><br />People talk about making a profit, but we need to buy a replacement..

What better CB's can you get for 15 mill, or 20 for that matter?

Buying Boateng for 10mill will seem genius in some years.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but I wonder if he is being used in a part-ex for a target of ours at Bayern?

Mad 4 It said:
BlueCityfan said:
Mad 4 It said:
The note about Coentrao was added in with news about Boateng from a representative from Bayern. They said they were originally interested but that is now over and they will look elsewhere for the leftback position. Bayern have said all comments made and suggested meeting between parties on 12th was false and utter rubbish.

Ok..good news. I still doubt we get him.

They are probably looking elsewhere because they demanded something like 20m+...

Not sure if we are going to offer that kind of sum for a defender with the FFP rules coming. We can't afford to overpay anymore.

I think 20m would do it. If we get 17m for Boateng then I think we could cope with another 3m to get Coentroa. You know what this might just play in our favour for once. Leftback has been our weakest position all season.

All German newspapers are reporting we are getting "peanuts" of what we bought him for.

BlueCityfan said:
We got Boateng for 10m...and we will get him for something like 10-15m.

Bayern want him badly + he is german international. So thats a bonus to have german players in germany.

He is also very young so despite his injury problems this season..we will get good money. Bayern can afford to pay and he is on a long-term contract. So they have to.

No way in hell. He has done absolutely nothing this season to warrant a higher price tag. Bayern already knew what he was capable off in Germany last season and they still didn't splash the money. This is a bargain buy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.