Boateng to Bayern

BringBackSwales said:
the poster is right, e is a fucking twat; he shit out of a lot of challenges last season which zaba doesn't, boyata doesnt, so would rather fill the position with 1 of them; also the cnut bad mouthed the club, said we were a small club and angled in the media for a move. A complete fucking twat in my view mr smart arse (oh but Dave you are SO cool though)

Breath and let go mate.

You'll have a happier life without all the bile and anger.

Didsbury Dave said:
BringBackSwales said:
the poster is right, e is a fucking twat; he shit out of a lot of challenges last season which zaba doesn't, boyata doesnt, so would rather fill the position with 1 of them; also the cnut bad mouthed the club, said we were a small club and angled in the media for a move. A complete fucking twat in my view mr smart arse (oh but Dave you are SO cool though)

Breath and let go mate.

thanks for the lecture Dave, you really are ultra cool and I very much look up to you and hang on your every word; on the subject of Boateng for the way he slighted the club and the fans he is a cnut of the highest order; despite his poor performances last season I would have been keen to see him stay and get another chance, but the way he has bad mouthed the club I am absolutely delighted he is going. Off to read my back of didsbury dave's smart and cool one liners now, it is SUCH a good read

Tricky_Trev said:
If we sign Sebastian Coates, then i fear Boyata's City career is coming to an end. He'd end up going on loan this season, but when he comes back, i don't see how he can leapfrog Kompany, Lescott, Savic and Coates (or whoever else we sign). The defenders we are selling this summer are Bridge, Onuoha and Boateng. Bridge was only here for half the season and has now been replaced by Clichy. Onuoha was never here, and Boateng has been repaced by Savic. I don't see why we'd need another, especially considering Kolo is back in September.

What's wrong with Kompany and Lescott as first choice, Kolo and Savic as cover/rotation and then Boyata as extra back-up? Plus, we could always play Richards at centre back with Zab at right back if we have an injury crisis.

We don't need any more defenders as we need to keep Boyata as he is a club-trained, home grown player - important for the Champions League squad.

This concerns me too Trev. I feel Boyata is the real deal and it is important for many reasons that he is in the squad. Personally I'd get shut of Kolo, buy a top-line centre half to compete with Lescott and I probably wouldn't have bothered with Savic. 4 centre halves there would have been great. If Savic is a good player then I'd just get rid of Kolo and let Boyata be the "fourth" centre half.

Either way I don't believe we need another young 'un.

Kolo is the elephant in the room at City now, a bit. Not good enough.

Didsbury Dave said:
Tricky_Trev said:
If we sign Sebastian Coates, then i fear Boyata's City career is coming to an end. He'd end up going on loan this season, but when he comes back, i don't see how he can leapfrog Kompany, Lescott, Savic and Coates (or whoever else we sign). The defenders we are selling this summer are Bridge, Onuoha and Boateng. Bridge was only here for half the season and has now been replaced by Clichy. Onuoha was never here, and Boateng has been repaced by Savic. I don't see why we'd need another, especially considering Kolo is back in September.

What's wrong with Kompany and Lescott as first choice, Kolo and Savic as cover/rotation and then Boyata as extra back-up? Plus, we could always play Richards at centre back with Zab at right back if we have an injury crisis.

We don't need any more defenders as we need to keep Boyata as he is a club-trained, home grown player - important for the Champions League squad.

This concerns me too Trev. I feel Boyata is the real deal and it is important for many reasons that he is in the squad. Personally I'd get shut of Kolo, buy a top-line centre half to compete with Lescott and I probably wouldn't have bothered with Savic. 4 centre halves there would have been great. If Savic is a good player then I'd just get rid of Kolo and let Boyata be the "fourth" centre half.

I had thought the plan was to loan Boyata out so he could get consistent first team football and then bring him back next season when Kolo will almost certainly retire or move on.<br /><br />-- Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:34 am --<br /><br />
BringBackSwales said:
Didsbury Dave said:
BringBackSwales said:

Breath and let go mate.

thanks for the lecture Dave, you really are ultra cool and I very much look up to you and hang on your every word; on the subject of Boateng for the way he slighted the club and the fans he is a cnut of the highest order; despite his poor performances last season I would have been keen to see him stay and get another chance, but the way he has bad mouthed the club I am absolutely delighted he is going. Off to read my back of didsbury dave's smart and cool one liners now, it is SUCH a good read
I have seen one interview with a disputed translation. Have you seen something else where he badmouths the club?

Didsbury Dave said:
Tricky_Trev said:

To be fair, Kolo will hardly kick a ball in anger for us next season.

Not due back in training until September, he might be fit by the time hallowe'en arrives... and then off to the Africa Nations Cup for the whole of January... and isn't it his last season on contract?

I too think we'll sign another experienced centre half (my fear is that it's Cahill, but no matter...) and we'll let Onuoha got in part-exchange and Boyata on loan.

That leaves Kompany, Lescott, Toure and Cahill as the first choices, and Savic as back-up.

If it turns out to be Coates, then I agree that Boyata's future looks grim...

taconinja said:
II had thought the plan was to loan Boyata out so he could get consistent first team football and then bring him back next season when Kolo will almost certainly retire or move on.
?

That may be the plan, but he looks good enough to have in the squad to me. I also think it's good for the club to have Academy products in the frame - encourages the other young lads. I've grave doubts about Kolo personally, I thought we improved immeasurably when he got banned. But I guess we can't look to sell him until at least Christmas, and we certainly won't get a good deal like the Boateng on on him! He'll be hard to shift on a free.

taconinja said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Tricky_Trev said:

I had thought the plan was to loan Boyata out so he could get consistent first team football and then bring him back next season when Kolo will almost certainly retire or move on.

-- Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:34 am --

BringBackSwales said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Breath and let go mate.

I have seen one interview with a disputed translation. Have you seen something else where he badmouths the club?

I did not hear it, I read; well I say it, but it was more than one article I read - he had a lot of unflattering things to say about the club, particularly in relation to City being a small and unimportant club when compared to bayern munich; I also think that angling for a move in the media, and haggling about his own price when he is under contract is a pretty poor show; based on that attitude, and the number of times he shit out and got caught out last season, I am genuinely pleased he is going

Soulboy said:

Not due back in training until September, he might be fit by the time hallowe'en arrives... and then off to the Africa Nations Cup for the whole of January... and isn't it his last season on contract?

Don't be so sure about that. The manager seemed to favour him worryingly during the early part of the season. Also, he should be fit as a flea as soon as he gets back available. City will be giving him a total fitness program which will mean he just needs a few games.

I hope you're right though.

Didsbury Dave said:
Soulboy said:

Don't be so sure about that. The manager seemed to favour him worryingly during the early part of the season. Also, he should be fit as a flea as soon as he gets back available. City will be giving him a total fitness program which will mean he just needs a few games.

I think he'll be 4th. choice.

The fat bastard.

BringBackSwales said:
I did not hear it, I read; well I say it, but it was more than one article I read - he had a lot of unflattering things to say about the club, particularly in relation to City being a small and unimportant club when compared to bayern munich; I also think that angling for a move in the media, and haggling about his own price when he is under contract is a pretty poor show; based on that attitude, and the number of times he shit out and got caught out last season, I am genuinely pleased he is going
I read multiple articles, too, which all quoted the one non-English interview containing a translation interpreted in differing manners.<br /><br />-- Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:07 am --<br /><br />
Didsbury Dave said:
Soulboy said:

He has better positional sense than Lescott (Yes to all, I realize Lescott was much improved) so the choice between him and Lescott always seems to be trading one set of positives and negatives for another.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.