Boateng to Bayern

bluesince76 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
taconinja said:
He has better positional sense than Lescott (Yes to all, I realize Lescott was much improved) so the choice between him and Lescott always seems to be trading one set of positives and negatives for another.

I take your point but I much prefer Lescott personally. Much better upper body strength, much better in the air. You don't see Lescott getting bullied but you do Kolo. Kolo was a bad signing in my opinion.

The one downside with Lescott is he can be vulnerable with the quickest players running at him. But it's something he copes with in the main.
Watch the final again and the way Jones just brushed Lescott off. I don't rate him or Kolo particularly highly, so we need someone to fill the space next to Vince at the top level. They need to be what Vince isn't which is aggressive, especially on headers. Speed and technical ability and nice to haves i.e. we need a vidic.

Hopefully Savic will become that player, but of the players we have who I've seen, Boyata looks the best prospect, but not ready, so I'd go with Nedum. Or buy a right back and move Micah across.

from what ive seen and heard savic is quite capable of taking lescotts spot right now! dont be fooled into thinking that because hes young he'll take time to get in. he will have signed as a first team player not to play 2nd fiddle!

Talksport just said City have said Boateng is still a City player and he is still with them in LA

Nijinsky 88 said:
Talksport just said City have said Boateng is still a City player and he is still with them in LA

interesting. have we seen a new tactic from bayern today ?

bluesince76 said:
[Watch the final again and the way Jones just brushed Lescott off. I don't rate him or Kolo particularly highly, so we need someone to fill the space next to Vince at the top level. They need to be what Vince isn't which is aggressive, especially on headers. Speed and technical ability and nice to haves i.e. we need a vidic.

He did, and it almost cost us. But also, he mopped up Stoke's main threat, balls into the box, all afternoon with that upper body strength.

But I have said, a "top liner" to compete with him for the place would be great. If Savic is that then he's a great signing.

wrongun73 said:
bluesince76 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I take your point but I much prefer Lescott personally. Much better upper body strength, much better in the air. You don't see Lescott getting bullied but you do Kolo. Kolo was a bad signing in my opinion.

The one downside with Lescott is he can be vulnerable with the quickest players running at him. But it's something he copes with in the main.
Watch the final again and the way Jones just brushed Lescott off. I don't rate him or Kolo particularly highly, so we need someone to fill the space next to Vince at the top level. They need to be what Vince isn't which is aggressive, especially on headers. Speed and technical ability and nice to haves i.e. we need a vidic.

Hopefully Savic will become that player, but of the players we have who I've seen, Boyata looks the best prospect, but not ready, so I'd go with Nedum. Or buy a right back and move Micah across.

from what ive seen and heard savic is quite capable of taking lescotts spot right now! dont be fooled into thinking that because hes young he'll take time to get in. he will have signed as a first team player not to play 2nd fiddle!

We're not assuming. On the Savic thread, an article was posted with a Balkan expert citing Savic's potential ability as the reason for MCFC's acquisition. He reckoned within 3 years you'll be looking at a world class defender.

BringBackSwales said:
Didsbury Dave said:
niall_mcfc said:
Glad hes gone. Couldnt be arsed playing last season just because he was playing right back not centre back. He immediately thought he was good enough to play week in week out and it turned out hes shit where ever he plays. THen starts running his mouth telling us to sell him, what a twat. GOod riddance Jerome be good playing in the Europa League next season

Hahaha, as sure as night follows day, an ex-player becomes " a twat".

the poster is right, e is a fucking twat; he shit out of a lot of challenges last season which zaba doesn't, boyata doesnt, so would rather fill the position with 1 of them; also the cnut bad mouthed the club, said we were a small club and angled in the media for a move. A complete fucking twat in my view mr smart arse (oh but Dave you are SO cool though)

Another poster who writes like a four year old - how can anyone take these people seriously?

ANY1aBLUE said:
BringBackSwales said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Hahaha, as sure as night follows day, an ex-player becomes " a twat".

the poster is right, e is a fucking twat; he shit out of a lot of challenges last season which zaba doesn't, boyata doesnt, so would rather fill the position with 1 of them; also the cnut bad mouthed the club, said we were a small club and angled in the media for a move. A complete fucking twat in my view mr smart arse (oh but Dave you are SO cool though)

Another poster who writes like a four year old - how can anyone take these people seriously?

Hey! I'm telling mommy on you!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.