Bobbys ad in today's MEN

How about we all show a bit of class ourselves and STFU?

Cheers Bobby. Thanks for the memories and the best of luck.

See, easy, wasn't it?

It's a shame the fans didn't get a chance to give Bobby a proper send off. I hope he does well wherever he ends up.

Think theres a bit of 50/50 in there to be honest. I've no doubt he means the thank you and its a great gesture. Theres a good bit of ego in there too though - if you dont think he'll be sat by his telly tomorrow loving the fact that this ad absolutely cements 40 odd thousand blues singing his name, you must be barmy.

He deserves his acknowledgement from the fans though, love him or hate him he brought us what blues my age could only dream of a few years ago and for that I'll always be grateful.

strongbowholic said:
As for the point Billy raises, whilst raised in the way they were, they are valid. Is it not beyond the wit of a very political person to have ulterior motives for some if not all of their actions?
Billy's basis for condemning him was that Mancini himself was in the ad. Yes, he was, but with his hand raised in a wave, as in 'ciao'. The fans in the background. Ergo, Mancini saying ciao to the fans by waving. Three unforgettable years; the trophies. Children could understand the very basic symbolism of the ad. So it was a thoroughly illogical avenue of attack. However, as many have said and he has admitted, he's not logical when it comes to Mancini because he so thoroughly dislikes the man.

Juan King said:
It's a shame the fans didn't get a chance to give Bobby a proper send off. I hope he does well wherever he ends up.

That would have been good but business doesn't always work like that, as I'm sure you know. He's moved on and so should we.

Maintainin said:
[bigimg]http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/VA53vzA9JmL87HTJZyw74A--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTU5Nw--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptussowexperts/BKh8cCnCIAMgAj7.jpg[/bigimg]

[bigimg]http://24.media.tumblr.com/f5b07ed7b89834b85de39dc283df5757/tumblr_mh4k0yVNRD1ribnwko1_500.gif[/bigimg]

Marvin said:
blueste41 said:
harry the plumber said:
I think you might need your ear plugs tomorrow Billy.
It really is weird how people can turn thank you into fuck you.

As oppose to the actions of a man who achieved so much and was treated disgracefully and didn't get the opportunity to say goodbye?
Treated disgracefully?

This is football and managers get the sack. He's been very well rewarded and leaves with his reputation enhanced.

The fans think one thing because for 3 years he was the public image of the club, but the players think another . And that's why he's lost his job. If City thought he could continue his success he'd still be here.

Those players can get to fuck the back stabbing primadonna bastards.

Treated disgracefully?

This is football and managers get the sack. He's been very well rewarded and leaves with his reputation enhanced.

The fans think one thing because for 3 years he was the public image of the club, but the players think another. And that's why he's lost his job. If City thought he could continue his success he'd still be here.

Yes treated disgracefully. Three trophies in 3 years at at club who hadn't won one in nearly 40 speaks louder than our press office feeding stories to the mail about him spending too much time on the sunbed and having his eyebrows waxed. Do you think Clough and Baconface were universally loved by their players?

The clubs decision to sack him (which I disagree with but accept) is one thing, but releasing all this title tattle afterwards is a disgrace.

blue12 said:
Thank you Roberto you gave me the best day of my life on the 13.05.2012 and for that I will be eternally grateful.Good luck to you from a blue of 40 years + who had given up hope of ever seeing city win anything.

+1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.