Bobby's problem

Comrade Buka said:
Pam said:
Comrade Buka said:
Your ability to tackle disappears when moving to a new country.

Rubbish. It can take time for players to settle. That part of it can affect any area of a footballer's game. Some players hit the ground running and some don't. FACT.

So your ability to tackle MIGHT disappear when moving to a new country? Thanks for clearing that up.

You're welcome.

Freestyler said:
mancini's tactics, baffling substitutions, formation and constant team shuffling and moving about is where the problem ies.
Summed up perfectly, dont think the players know where they are up to anymore.Stop trying to fix something that wasnt broken.

Petrovs left peg said:
city91 said:
Petrovs left peg said:
My observations from last night;

Firstly, I switched to level 2 last night after years of watching on level 1 - what a difference on what you see with regards to shape of the team! At one point last night we had the outline shape of a rugby ball. Back four with both Rodwell and Toure coming to collect it with Nasri and Silva wide and the two up front. Usually GB collects, quickly into YY's feet who turns and starts a menacing attack. THe key to our success (IMO) is Yayas ability to take the first man out of the game which then causes the opposition to lose shape and then we have the quality to punish. With YY coming back doing Barrys job (or NDJ) and Rodwell shadowing him the ball constantly kept coming back - I realised the difference between patience and pure "fannying" last night - It drove me madas we must have used up about 20 minutes of the entire match "fannying"

2. Zabba, Rodwell, Nastasic, Dzeko are not good enough for a CL first 11.

How is Zabaleta not good enough for the CL, he was our best outfield player last night and is constantly improving. He is one of the best readers of the game in our squad and he proved that last night as on at least 2 occasion he covered mistakes by Kompany and stopped a goal scoring opportunity.

Nastasic is 19 and hasn't really put a foot wrong whilst playing for us IMO. Lescott would have badly struggled last night as his distribution consists of playing it back to Hart, passing it sideways to Kompany or punting it up field. Where as Nastasic is a lot more composed and will look for a pass and IMO had been badly let down by Kompany thus far in his City career. Also giving him CL experience now will benefit him in the long term.

Dzeko well I doubt Wolfsberg fans were saying that or City fans against Madrid, Dzeko struggled last night because of poor creativity and no real support. Would you say the same about Aguero who missed 3 good opportunities and refused to pass a number of times to players who were in a better position then he was?

As much as we all love Zabba's all-action play, do you really think he's good enough??? I want him to be but he's an average player in this company.

Nastasic may be more composed but he's 19 and not ready for the CL in my opinion. I did say that Bobby needs to use him more in PL if he doesn't trust Lescott.

Dzeko for me is a great striker but when we have to pack the midfiled more we need a striker who van create as well as finish - see Tevez / Aguero. As much as it is a cliche - He's a great guy to have on the bench.

It all comes down to the opposition and what their strengths are to who is suited to the system as Hummels and Subotic are there for the taking in the air and Dzeko can boss them about if he recieves the right service. However if we were playing Barca then the movement of Mario and work rate of Tevez would be better suited. Same with Nastasic, if we are playing teams who are gonna constantly close us down and put us under pressure then I'd play Nastasic but if we were playing a team who play with width and cross into the box like United or Bayern then I think Lescott is the man to start.

and in regards to Zabaleta yes course I think he is good enough, don't forget he does not get a lot of support on that right hand side and he will give 110% every game. His play is similar with Gary Neville only that Zaba is better technically and Neville was good enough for United. Its a tough position full back nowadays as players have to be good offensively as well as defensively and there is not too much difference between Zab and Richards defensively however Richards is a better presence than Zab on the right. Also Zab's attacking play has improved immensely, the cross last night which Dzeko or Silva should of buried was quality. Another thing is that it is the solid, reliable full backs that go unnoticed for teams like look at Real Madrid, Marcelo is a beat going forward but gash defensively but recieves all the plaudits where as Arebeloa is just a solid, reliable player who rarely gets praised for his work.

Re: bobbys problem

FantasyIreland said:
Fucking about with the formation and constant rotation.
So true - just dont understand it.<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:16 pm --<br /><br />Definitely not the players - It's the manager who's the problem

Re: bobbys problem

Mancio said:
SWP's back said:
Pam said:
He's not a rag, he's just upset Dzeko doesn't get more game time.

and when dzeko play bad like tonight he's upset with the manager becouse if dzeko isnt better than messi and ronaldo is becouse the manager is an idiot , of course

Look - as your name suggests you probably rate Roberto a lot, so sorry my post rubbed you the wrong way...but I simply dont. Never did. That's my opinion of him and I'm entitled to it. Kinda the same way you are entitled to your opinion on Edin, right??

Will I support Roberto - yea, as long as he's manager of MCFC I'll be rooting for success. I hope we come out and destroy Sunderland tomorrow - all due to his managerial greatness. Will it change my overall opinion on his ways of managing this team - NO.

I also live for Bosnian NT - but I'll always say our current manager STINKS. Has nothing to do with passion for the team or anything of that sort...get it?

Ducado said:
Will all be forgotten about if we have a resounding win tomorrow!

It's the way we roll

on the card is most likely a draw. or even a defeat. players will heavily pay Wednesday evening effort .

Mancio said:
Ducado said:
Will all be forgotten about if we have a resounding win tomorrow!

It's the way we roll

on the card is most likely a draw. or even a defeat. players will heavily pay Wednesday evening effort .

What effort ???????? Wednesday was the least hard working City side i've seen in literally years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.