Body Scanner, Manchester Airport

BlueTrueBlue said:
I believe there is one way of avoiding these scans though if you have no other option but to fly. That is to go into the airport dressed head-to-toe in aluminium foil. The last time I checked its not against the law to do so, neither is it to "pass" through a body-scanner doing so. They may ask you to remove it prior, to which you could add "well if I have the option of removing the aluminium foil, then I also have the option of a body search instead of a scan if I chose to avoid the scan."
You cant be deemed a security threat as any response would be seen in court by a lawyer as Slanderous, as the airport authorities know you will be searched in any eventuality passing through Security.
Is cling film a serviceable alternative? Just that foil can be rather expensive (even in Morrisons) these days.

i have no problem with it, if youv got nothing to hide then it wont be a problem, its a good piece of technology tbh!

-dabz- said:
While we're on the subject, can anyone tell me the procedure for stopping terrorists at football matches (all leagues) rugby matches, cricket matches, race meetings, trains, high rise buildings, buses, ferrys, cruise ships, schools, shopping centers, gigs, ect?
Remind me again how many people can you get on the average plane and why its such a big deal?

Well if you detonate a bomb on a plane it's probably going to kill everyone on board, would have to a pretty massive bomb to kill the same amount of people in any other situation.

To be honest though, I don't understand why they're obsessed with bombs, there'll be simpler ways of killing lots of people.

The thing is billions of others on this planet also don't have anything to hide, there was "terrorist" attacks even before 9/11 yet there wasn't even a single response by the CIA/FBI/MI5 to impliment Scanners/Biometric Cards or ID Cards to seperate us from the "evil muslims we must fear." Remember the IRA, the Iranian Embassy Siege, the 3x Jet bombing (also done by islamic extremists on American Soil in the late 70's), the Cold War threats and so on. None of which led us to giving up our rights as much as 9/11 did, which was a brilliant orchestrated plan by the Bush Administration. A lot of those key witnesses you see on the Documentaries who go against the unofficial 9/11 Government inquest are no longer with us, Sadly murdered by those who want the likes of you and me to believe 9/11 was actually done by Extremists instead of the "shock and awe" tactic it was truly meant for.

pee dubya said:
-dabz- said:
While we're on the subject, can anyone tell me the procedure for stopping terrorists at football matches (all leagues) rugby matches, cricket matches, race meetings, trains, high rise buildings, buses, ferrys, cruise ships, schools, shopping centers, gigs, ect?
Remind me again how many people can you get on the average plane and why its such a big deal?

Well if you detonate a bomb on a plane it's probably going to kill everyone on board, would have to a pretty massive bomb to kill the same amount of people in any other situation.

To be honest though, I don't understand why they're obsessed with bombs, there'll be simpler ways of killing lots of people.

Like several people taking guns into a football stadium. Either terrorists are thick as pigshit or there's not as many of them out there as we're led to believe.

-dabz- said:
I agree with you dabz,i think the difference is that blowing a plane up kills everybody and is less likely to leave traces of the identity of the terrorists? What gets me is all the prevention at airports etc but if they really wanted to blow up a plane they could stand at the end of the runway or in the beer garden at the pub at the end of the runway and fire a bullet at one of the engines and it would have the same impact?

without a dream said:
pee dubya said:

Like several people taking guns into a football stadium. Either terrorists are thick as pigshit or there's not as many of them out there as we're led to believe.
Or that they dont exist at all....

without a dream said:
pee dubya said:

I think they're probably just brainwashed into being so screwed up in their own little sicko World that they're incapable of thinking an independant thought. Pretty lucky really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.