Body Scanner, Manchester Airport

clairepartyring said:
-dabz- said:
While we're on the subject, can anyone tell me the procedure for stopping terrorists at football matches (all leagues) rugby matches, cricket matches, race meetings, trains, high rise buildings, buses, ferrys, cruise ships, schools, shopping centers, gigs, ect?
Remind me again how many people can you get on the average plane and why its such a big deal?
I agree with you dabz,i think the difference is that blowing a plane up kills everybody and is less likely to leave traces of the identity of the terrorists? What gets me is all the prevention at airports etc but if they really wanted to blow up a plane they could stand at the end of the runway or in the beer garden at the pub at the end of the runway and fire a bullet at one of the engines and it would have the same impact?

They wouldn't be martyrs would they then? Isn't that why they do it?

I love how the argument for them from 99% of people is "IF U GOT NUTHIN 2 HIDE Y U NOT WANT SCAN?" Just strip naked then and walk through then put your clothes back on. You've got nothing to hide right?

A man had just settled into his seat next to the window on the plane when another man sat down in the aisle seat and put his black Labrador Retriever in the middle seat next to the man.

The first man looked very quizzically at the dog and asked why the dog was allowed on the plane.

The second man explained that he was from the Police Drugs Enforcement Agency and that the dog was a 'sniffing dog'.

'His name is Sniffer and he's the best there is. I'll show you once we get airborne, when I put him to work.'

The plane took off , and once it has levelled out, the Policeman said, 'Watch this.'

He told Sniffer to 'search'.

Sniffer jumped down, walked along the aisle, and finally sat very purposefully next to a woman for several seconds.
Sniffer then returned to his seat and put one paw on the policeman's arm.

The Policeman said, 'Good boy', and he turned to the man and said, 'That woman is in possession of marijuana,
I'm making a note of her seat number and the authorities will apprehend her when we land.
'Gee, that's pretty good,' replied the first man.

Once again, the Policeman sent Sniffer to search the aisles.

The Lab sniffed about, sat down beside a man for a few seconds, returned to its seat, and this time he placed two paws on the agent's arm.
The Policeman said, 'That man is carrying cocaine, so again, I'm making a note of his seat number for the police.'

'I like it !' said his seat mate.

The Policeman then told Sniffer to 'search' again.

Sniffer walked up and down the aisles for a little while, sat down for a moment, and then came racing back to the agent, jumped into the middle seat and proceeded to shit all over the place.

The first man was really disgusted by this behaviour and couldn't figure out how or why a well-trained dog would behave like that, so he asked the Policeman, 'What's going on ?'

The Policeman replied, 'He's just found a bomb.'

"if youve got nothing to hide why the problem"

I'm sure you would mind if you had people rummaging through your house and your bins for security reasons with no warrent, but hey, you've nothing to hide, right?

i wont be going to manchester airport as long as this thing is in place

if someone wants to blow up an airplane, they'll do it regardless of security checks.

blue jim said:

if someone wants to blow up an airplane, they'll do it regardless of security checks..

Good for you.

But it makes it all the more difficult for them. Lets remove the lot then eh?

If you had a life theatening illness I take it you'd avoid having a full body scan which would save your life then? In case anyone saw you without clothes on an image.

Incredible.

manchester blue said:
blue jim said:

if someone wants to blow up an airplane, they'll do it regardless of security checks..

Good for you.

But it makes it all the more difficult for them. Lets remove the lot then eh?

If you had a life theatening illness I take it you'd avoid having a full body scan which would save your life then? In case anyone saw you without clothes on an image.

Incredible.
No it doesnt. Bombs are more sophisticated than shoving something up your jacksie and walking onto a plane.

Going under a body scanner for life threatening illness and going through one so I can travel are not comparable in any way, shape or form.

Fact is, if someone wants to bomb a plane, they will, doesnt matter how many dogs, searches and body scanners you go through. It may make you feel safer, but thats all it does.

Well the problem is that some employee will be sat there and will be able to see you as good as naked

That said, better safe than sorry, it's a no brainer really. I'd rather be humiliated with some part time wanker laughing at a wart on my cock than get blown up by a terrorist on the plane

The Fat el Hombre said:
Well the problem is that some employee will be sat there and will be able to see you as good as naked

That said, better safe than sorry, it's a no brainer really. I'd rather be humiliated with some part time wanker laughing at a wart on my cock than get blown up by a terrorist on the plane

You've got a wart on your cock Al??

TFC said:
-dabz- said:
When was the last time a plane was blown up?

It was tried as recently as December IIRC. Should someone actually succeed again before more stringent security measures are taken?

I couldn't give a fuck if someone sees my chap on an x-ray....I do give a fuck about 'possibly' being blown up over the Atlantic on my way home to visit the family.

It was only because of the incompetence of the would be bomber that he failed. He had managed to smuggle everything on board that he'd needed to make the bomb. He'd positioned himself on the plane as close to the engine as possible to cause maximum damage. For every foiled plot that the government announce, there are many, many others foiled that dont make the headlines. Aiports are not on maximum security/terrorist alerts for no reason.

Their is also a more foolproof way of ensuring passenger safety aboard airlines.Stop fucking sending troops into god forsaken Muslim countries murdering every fucker in sight!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.