Bojinov to Lazio?

With RSC and Bellamy I cant see how he will get on the bench let alone get a game. Shame as he had real potential. With his injuries its a miracle he can still play at this level. We have far too many forwards on the books, cant keep everyone. Send Caicedo out on loan and let Boj go cant see any other option.

alera said:
With RSC and Bellamy I cant see how he will get on the bench let alone get a game. Shame as he had real potential. With his injuries its a miracle he can still play at this level. We have far too many forwards on the books, cant keep everyone. Send Caicedo out on loan and let Boj go cant see any other option.
keep him on the bench let him train let him get fitter and stronger and lets have a look at him then, if no good january will be round soon enough then get rid

Thing is he wont be able to get on the bench !

Based on us wanting to sign 2 quality centre halfs, as far as I see SWP, Petrov, Elano, RSC, Bellamy, Kompany (or De jong), Nedum, Zabeleta, Dunne are all fighting for a bench spot. Add boj in there thats 10 players only 6 outfield slots on the bench. Obviously assuming the likes of Johnson and Caiecedo go out on loan, Evans and Benjani are sold, Etuhu sold or loaned etc.

So whos the least important to the squad overall, which 4 players do we let go ?

Elano, Petrov, Boj and Dunne all on the endagered list as far as I can see.

All quality internationals no way they will be willing to play in the reserves whilst they wait for injuries and suspensions. We have to be realistic, tough decisions to be made its pretty obvious what will happen in the end.

Kompany will be out injured for the first month or so of the season, maybe one gets a reprieve, out of those I would keep Elano personally !

If our starting line-up is something along these lines:

Given
Zabaleta
Kompany
Lescott
Bridge
Ireland
de Jong
Barry
Tevez
Adebayor
Robinho

He would still be a good option on the bench, which (working on the principle that Dunne and Elano probably won't be at the club next season) could look like this:

Taylor, Onuoha, Richards, SWP, Bellamy, Bojinov, Santa Cruz

I think we have to let him go.

It will not be healthy for the club to have low-ranking players holding up the progress of Academy kids.

He looks OK but I've not seen enough to warrant keeping him.

Surely, after missing two years, he's going to want first team football to get his career on track. He will know he is way down the pecking order now at City.

Petetheblu said:
Players like Bojinov should (if they are going to be sold?) be used as bargaining tools....For instance Everton needed a striker and we wanted JL off them...I wouldn't consider selling him unless we can use his sale for our own gain.

not a bad idea not as if we need the money

i reckon the best option for boj is if he goes on a season long loan. there he can get his fitness/sharpness up to speed with regular football and if he does well then we'l have him back firing on all cylinders for next season. if not then look at selling him.

Optimus Prime said:
If our starting line-up is something along these lines:

Given
Zabaleta
Kompany
Lescott
Bridge
Ireland
de Jong
Barry
Tevez
Adebayor
Robinho

He would still be a good option on the bench, which (working on the principle that Dunne and Elano probably won't be at the club next season) could look like this:

id rather we used Weiss instead of Boj ..... we would already have attacking cover in bellers and cruz .... and weiss can easily come on in place for a wide striker ... i would like to see weiss get as much time as possible, he will be a great great player .... just needs the experience now .

boj has the potential to be a fantastic player also, however, with all the cover we have, i would like to see weiss on the bench instead of him .... i believe a loan or sale to italy would be good for him ...... i think he might even go and head to Milan .... their Fabiano deal looks almost dead and Boj would do wonderfully well with Pato ... he also loves Italy so much, basically grew up there.

I like Bojinov, I'd much rather he stayed, hes not had chance to prove what he can do, from what ive seen of him, when hes fully fit, hes a class act. I'd rather get rid of Evans, Benjani, Etuhu, Caicedo(loan) and Bellamy.

3 forwards no central midfield cover thats very unlikely to happen. With Richards at right back and Zabs on the bench at least there is the argument he can play defensive midfield but then no place even on the bench for Kompany (he wont start in defence we are looking to buy 2 top central defenders). Cant see it.

Personally I would rather we had not signed Bellamy and had Boj as cover instead, but its done and hes Hughes man.

No option but for him to leave from what I can see we have too many forwards in the squad, Benjani, Boj and Evans will have to be sold, Caicedo loan - he is young and has the most potential to become a player good enough for the level we are striving for.

We cant just hoard all these forwards with no prospect of them ever playing. Have enough problems keeping the 4 top draw ones happy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.