Booing/Abusing our own players

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
There was no booing yesterday and no booing against palace. There may have been collective groans and moans but the players in question bring this on themselves.

Am in block 106, and definitely heard booing when Garcia came on against Palace. Not good.

bluemike said:
There was no booing yesterday and no booing against palace. There may have been collective groans and moans but the players in question bring this on themselves.
There's always been scapegoats at City. And there's always one who has to start a thread that suggests every single supporter was booing.

I have clearly mentioned that most of us don't like this obnoxious behavior of booing/abusing from the few in the stands. Never suggested that it is from every single supporter.

BlueTG said:
Someone or a small few shouting "fuck off scar face" or something along those lines.
Cheers. No excuse for shouting something like that. Obviously the rumours are rife that Lescott is going, which possibly explains that reaction, but it's a very childish one. Unless a player has done something tangibly wrong like Tevez, Bridge, Mills, Barton, by taking us for a ride or other disgraceful behaviour, they all leave with my best wishes. Lescott has been a good servant to us and if he leaves, he leaves having been a big part of our trophy wins.

Skashion said:
BlueTG said:
Someone or a small few shouting "fuck off scar face" or something along those lines.
Cheers. No excuse for shouting something like that. Obviously the rumours are rife that Lescott is going, which possibly explains that reaction, but it's a very childish one. Unless a player has done something tangibly wrong like Tevez, Bridge, Mills, Barton, by taking us for a ride or other disgraceful behaviour, they all leave with my best wishes. Lescott has been a good servant to us and if he leaves, he leaves having been a big part of our trophy wins.

And surely that's the way 99.99% of fans think but the 0.01% get the attention......

Bluemoon230989 said:
kupest said:
This is one of the worse things to do and us City fans have been getting rather good at it now. As mentioned on the Lescott thread, he has come out on twitter and said that he had been abused by our own fans. This is the second instance after Dzeko and Garcia (though some disagree) were booed by our own fans at the Etihad very clearly. These guys give a 100% for the club even if its a small game. You could see Boyata yesterday looking on anxiously at the result after he had been sent off. Yes they might lack the quality but they dont lack the effort (Dzeko at times).
However it is totally Pellegrini's decision to put them on the pitch based on what he sees in training and what every player has to offer. Lescott is not going to turn into Vincent Kompany or Garcia into Yaya or Dzeko into Aguero if we abuse/boo them. They are showing enough commitment and drive to be in the XI ahead of a few other people.

Honestly all most of us are asking to the small group is to not be so obnoxious and abuse our own players because this is getting out of hand and we are just turning into the rags. Garcia could have very well told MP not to play him at CB, imagine Ronaldo's reaction if he had been played out of position.
Also why do we need to abuse our players right now? This is the current group who have managed 10 wins and 2 draws in the previous 12 freaking games ! It is not like we are on a 5 game

Sums it up perfectly.

Booing your own players? Call yourself a supporter? Fuck off back to doing whatever you used to do on match days.

Some of the sat in the Main Stand at Maine Road.<br /><br />-- Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:41 am --<br /><br />

Bollocks mate. I assume this a WUM after 12 games unbeaten.

chumpster1 said:
Bet Edgy wished he was playing nowadays, all this love in stuff instead of the abuse he got week in week out.

City fans have never abused their own .... no never
I really don't understand why everyone thinks this is a new occurance. As you said Edghill used to get plenty, Barton got booed by the home fans when his contract dispute was on going & the whole section at Ewood sang your not fit to wear the shirt not so long ago. Let's not pretend it hasn't happened before

I've often thought poor FA cup displays bring out the worst in some of our supporters, for some reason.

It's probably a hangover from the days when, by January, it represented our only chance of silverware and an impending feeling of disappointment was on the way. We all knew in our heart of hearts that by the quarter finals, once again, crushing failure would follow.

Personally I was getting all misty-eyed at a piss poor performance,in the Third Round, at lower league opposition, and some of the ensuing discontent that flowed from that.

Some people definitely enjoy watching shit performances like that, from time to time. It's etched on their faces, especially after having to endure their relations over Christmas. To some it just feels great to stand there and get angry for a couple of hours.

There was an angry old fella right near us in towards the back of the lower tier who spent a good hour calling all the players cunts, particularly Dzeko, at the top of his voice.

The atmosphere started well, and we took a huge following there, but as the game was so shite the atmosphere suffered and gave way to frustration. The angry types that love to stick it to their own were in their environment at that point.

Then again they are in the minority. Can't help but laugh at them really, they come out with some absolute corkers.

Some people just need to get a grip and realise their tantrums and abuse aren't constructive. If they're not bandwagon blues, and most of them aren't, a quick reflection on how far we've come might be in order. Then again, I doubt the players hear much of it. Still, it's embarrassing to think they do, we must come across as a right bunch of spoilt cunts sometimes, dummies spat out at a single misplaced pass or poor touch.

Let's not get carried away boys and girls, the day our support becomes the entitled and cretinous reflection of our Trafford neighbours is the day I pack it in.

Skashion said:
And surely that's the way 99.99% of fans think but the 0.01% get the attention......
I think it's more than 0.01% who groan whenever Dzeko, Kolarov or Garcia make an error, but not when anyone else does.

Maybe but there not boos! When Dzeko hit a back pass against palace that went to no one and ended up 50 yards further back then you are obviously going to get moans and groans.

I agree those players get more stick than the rest but is it not obvious why especially in Dzeko's case? Kolorov doesn't get as much as he used to as fans have realised that he has applied himself this season and put in a good performance. However for some, his earlier poor performances stick in the memory and he still gets pelters.

Dzeko's can't be arsed body language doesn't help him and Garcia slows the play down which pisses fans off.

Of the three I feel most sorry for Garia as he has limited talent and it's not his fault we paid £16m for him.

At the game emotions take over and a desire to win a all costs kicks in for the fan who lets face it, the club means more to then it ever will to the players.

However if someone actually boos then I agree it is totally wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.