Booing/Abusing our own players

Pays your money, takes your chance!

Boo, Shout, Cheers, Clap, in short, do whatever you think you need to do.

We have got to remember that it's not that easy to clinically watch the game without becoming engrossed, and at time frustrated with what you see.

If we are being honest, there's not a City fan anywhere on earth that hasn't vented some frustration at some City player sometime in their life!

Yes, for the players concerned, it might be one of the pitfalls of being a footballer, but it is heavily outweighed by the benefits.

We must all remember, as much as Sky would like us to forget, football is a working man's game, and those who have historically followed teams did so as a release. These same instincts still exist in many supporters, and if I am perfectly honest, is it not better that pent up tensions that build up during the week are vented whilst watching football than back in the domestic environment?

Booing and jeering and abuse will always produce a negative effect on both players and team. Please think before you boo a member of your own team.

I don’t see what the problem is with booing players? If they showed that they gave a shit then fans wouldn't get on their case. It's the fact that the usual suspects constantly serve up shite performances that they get the most grief.

Milner was shit yesterday but he gets away with it cos you know that he worked his bollocks off for cause. Negredo was poor too but again he at least showed some passion and work rate.

Was what rumoured to be said to Lescott was out of order but he's a big boy and i'm sure he's heard it before.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
There was no booing yesterday and no booing against palace. There may have been collective groans and moans but the players in question bring this on themselves.

I didn't hear any booing at those games either. There's a big difference between moaning/groaning at a mistake, and overtly booing a player.

Paulmcfc2703 said:
chumpster1 said:
Bet Edgy wished he was playing nowadays, all this love in stuff instead of the abuse he got week in week out.

City fans have never abused their own .... no never
I really don't understand why everyone thinks this is a new occurance. As you said Edghill used to get plenty, Barton got booed by the home fans when his contract dispute was on going & the whole section at Ewood sang your not fit to wear the shirt not so long ago. Let's not pretend it hasn't happened before

Peter Barnes was booed when he signed for second time round which I found amazing as the guy didn't want to leave in the first place and was a blue through and through. Ok he had a spell at the Rags.....

Ric said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
There was no booing yesterday and no booing against palace. There may have been collective groans and moans but the players in question bring this on themselves.

I didn't hear any booing at those games either. There's a big difference between moaning/groaning at a mistake, and overtly booing a player.

Maybe so but there are people shouting to players that they are fucking useless and this is worse than booing in my book.

Personally I just feel that it might affect the players commitment to the club and it can have huge negative effect on everyone close to him in the dressing room. I don't think Lescott has ever given below 100% for the club to be honest.

Kippaxstreetheadache said:
There was an angry old fella right near us in towards the back of the lower tier who spent a good hour calling all the players *****, particularly Dzeko, at the top of his voice.

The atmosphere started well, and we took a huge following there, but as the game was so shite the atmosphere suffered and gave way to frustration. The angry types that love to stick it to their own were in their environment at that point.

Then again they are in the minority. Can't help but laugh at them really, they come out with some absolute corkers.

Some people just need to get a grip and realise their tantrums and abuse aren't constructive. If they're not bandwagon blues, and most of them aren't, a quick reflection on how far we've come might be in order. Then again, I doubt the players hear much of it. Still, it's embarrassing to think they do, we must come across as a right bunch of spoilt ***** sometimes, dummies spat out at a single misplaced pass or poor touch.

Let's not get carried away boys and girls, the day our support becomes the entitled and cretinous reflection of our Trafford neighbours is the day I pack it in.
Apart from a few months after the QPR win, I doubt there has been a better time to be a City fan. We're in the hunt for 4 trophies, and Utd are struggling just to qualify for the Champions League, but so far this season we've won nothing. There's so much to play for, but you have to go out and take it, or it slips through your fingers. Someone tell Dzeko!! The best natural goal-scorer at the club, but I think he can give more

kupest said:
Personally I just feel that it might affect the players commitment to the club and it can have huge negative effect on everyone close to him in the dressing room. I don't think Lescott has ever given below 100% for the club to be honest.

He hasn't, not sure about Edin and Garcia though, if that is Garcia at 100% I would hate to see what 70% looks like

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.