Booing our heroes

awaydayblue said:
To put things into a bit of perspective, I and a couple of thousand of Blues was present in a sparsely populated Craven Cottage back in 1983-84, and Fulham had just scored their fifth.......................Cue mass exodus from the Putney End terrace, a bemused young lad lends us his ball, and a game of 200 aside between Blues on Putney Park ensues whilst everyone left inside the ground is thinking wtf......?! There are ways and means of making your feelings known, it was a grim day, the team were bobbins, and we'd stomached enough. Reading the stuff today and some of our 'fans' 'problems' with certain players leaves me with a wry smile, but finishing on a positive note, players can win fans over, Richard Edghill, the Goat, Kolarov? It's simple really, don't make one player a scapegoat (Dzeko at the moment), back the team, trust our managers judgement, and see where it takes us....................#mcfctogether #neverforgetwherewevecomefrom.......

PS - anyone else play in the 200 aside game, and that first goal was definitely off side!!!

Interesting that you mention the goat. He was on GMR last night and people were phoning in talking about how shit Dzeko was. Jimmy wagg said "well he is about 27 so you are not going to change the way you play at that age"

Goat replied "I don't agree. I was Dzeko when I first came to City. The fans didn't like me and I couldn't understand why the loved Dickov and not me, i came to realise that it was the effort he put in and I did chnge my ways. I paired up with paul in training and increased my workrate as a result"

The rest is history as they say. The goat combined his talent with an increased workrate and became a legend.

He then compared it to Dzeko watching Aguero and Negredo and wondered why Dzeko didn't follow the same route.

I think with Dzeko ego has much to do with it because we have seen some exceptional performances from him, just not often enough.

I was glad of his goal yesterday though and many other players were equally as crap.

Blue Punter said:
On the tram home someone started singing "Feed the Shit and he will score".

I bet the majority of fans on the tram laughed when they heard it. Ilaughed when I read it.

Edin Dzeko is a very average PL player who is a good goalscorer - he doesn't deserve to be booed, but similarly, he doesn't do much to merit fans singing his name.

Only boo rags, ex-rags, and cheats.

Lavinda Past said:
Blue Punter said:

I bet the majority of fans on the tram laughed when they heard it. Ilaughed when I read it.

Edin Dzeko is a very average PL player who is a good goalscorer - he doesn't deserve to be booed, but similarly, he doesn't do much to merit fans singing his name.

Samaras?

Lavinda Past said:
Blue Punter said:

There was a few that laughed. Thankfully no one else joined in though.

I'm not a big fan of Dzeko, but he was an important member of the title winning squad. His equaliser v QPR in the final game was proof enough.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
awaydayblue said:
To put things into a bit of perspective, I and a couple of thousand of Blues was present in a sparsely populated Craven Cottage back in 1983-84, and Fulham had just scored their fifth.......................Cue mass exodus from the Putney End terrace, a bemused young lad lends us his ball, and a game of 200 aside between Blues on Putney Park ensues whilst everyone left inside the ground is thinking wtf......?! There are ways and means of making your feelings known, it was a grim day, the team were bobbins, and we'd stomached enough. Reading the stuff today and some of our 'fans' 'problems' with certain players leaves me with a wry smile, but finishing on a positive note, players can win fans over, Richard Edghill, the Goat, Kolarov? It's simple really, don't make one player a scapegoat (Dzeko at the moment), back the team, trust our managers judgement, and see where it takes us....................#mcfctogether #neverforgetwherewevecomefrom.......

PS - anyone else play in the 200 aside game, and that first goal was definitely off side!!!

Interesting that you mention the goat. He was on GMR last night and people were phoning in talking about how shit Dzeko was. Jimmy wagg said "well he is about 27 so you are not going to change the way you play at that age"

Goat replied "I don't agree. I was Dzeko when I first came to City. The fans didn't like me and I couldn't understand why the loved Dickov and not me, i came to realise that it was the effort he put in and I did chnge my ways. I paired up with paul in training and increased my workrate as a result"

The rest is history as they say. The goat combined his talent with an increased workrate and became a legend.

He then compared it to Dzeko watching Aguero and Negredo and wondered why Dzeko didn't follow the same route.

I think with Dzeko ego has much to do with it because we have seen some exceptional performances from him, just not often enough.

I was glad of his goal yesterday though and many other players were equally as crap.

That's a good analogy and means a lot coming from the goat. I would actually say that Dzeko's touch is marginally better than his ever was as I recall balls bouncing off him all the time but he did try hard and he did score plenty of important goals.

It's still appalling to boo one of your own team.

BringBackSwales said:
Kippaxstreetheadache said:
BringBackSwales said:
I heard people boo Dzeko yesterday, I also heard people shouting he is a lazy fucker, he is shit, get him off and loads more similar shit. There were at least 2 occasions when whole sections of the crowd made their negative feelings towards Edin clear at the same time. Our support yesterday was as quiet as I can remember, and the main noise was negative, appalling. If anyone who reads this forum and its continued abuse of Edin Dzeko really think that some of those same negative sentiments don't manifest themselves at the matches then they are seriously deluded

You heard actual boos? As in people cupping their hands and booing?

I don't think so.

You heard groans, moaning and swearing on cue at every error by thousands of people.

Dzeko and Garcia got stick yesterday, but they weren't booed.

I agree though, the negativity gives a poor impression of our support especially when the atmosphere is poor as it was yesterday. I don't like it.

But like I said, you have to make a distinction between getting booed and getting stick, it's an important one to make.

Stop telling me what I heard and what I didn't hear. I sense a certain arrogance in your posts, but frankly you must have not only the best seat in the house but also bionic fucking hearing, if you can hear every noise in the whole stadium. I was sat in EL2, a bit left of centre as you face the pitch, and on 2 occasions yesterday , LIKE I SAID, I hear people BOO Edin Dzeko, probably 3 or 4 people each time, but next time I will get their fucking names and seat numbers for you, is that ok now? FFS

Nobody booed end of.<br /><br />-- Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:01 pm --<br /><br />
Tim of the Oak said:
BringBackSwales said:
Kippaxstreetheadache said:
You heard actual boos? As in people cupping their hands and booing?

I don't think so.

You heard groans, moaning and swearing on cue at every error by thousands of people.

Dzeko and Garcia got stick yesterday, but they weren't booed.

Well what would you want them to do?

I agree though, the negativity gives a poor impression of our support especially when the atmosphere is poor as it was yesterday. I don't like it.

But like I said, you have to make a distinction between getting booed and getting stick, it's an important one to make.

Stop telling me what I heard and what I didn't hear. I sense a certain arrogance in your posts, but frankly you must have not only the best seat in the house but also bionic fucking hearing, if you can hear every noise in the whole stadium. I was sat in EL2, a bit left of centre as you face the pitch, and on 2 occasions yesterday , LIKE I SAID, I hear people BOO Edin Dzeko, probably 3 or 4 people each time, but next time I will get their fucking names and seat numbers for you, is that ok now? FFS

I am in the same area of the ground and I heard booing too. Surprise, surprise "these fans" got to their feet when Dzeko scored.

grim up north said:
Some bloke in front of me giving Dzeko stick every time he touched the ball, jumped about like a loon when he scored turned round to give me high five just told him to fuck off

Nails..............

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.