Booing our heroes

regista said:
Farmer Blue said:
regista said:
Unbelievable really. The team fails to score 4 goals and some of the fans moan about it.

Here you go again! You picked up a quite of mine and used it to peruse this line. No one is expressing frustration at the team not scoring a hat full of goals. I didn't hear any booing yesterday. I heard a lot of frustration when players didn't show the drive to take the game forward or look to put in the desired effort.
Why are you assuming its because we weren't battering a team? It wasn't. It was frustration at players not doing what seemed obvious from the stands.

Encouraging the players is okay. Moaning, groaning and booing is not on .

So just because I support City I can't find fault with the way the players play? I didn't think Dzeko looked bothered unless the ball was played within 2 feet of him so moaned about it. I didn't boo him, it wouldn't boo a player who played for my club but if I don't think they are putting in the effort they are capable of then I find that poor and have a right to express that.
Glad you can see it had nothing to do with being spoilt and not scoring 4! Just frustration at a perceived lack of effort.

Kippaxstreetheadache said:
regista said:
Unbelievable really. The team fails to score 4 goals and some of the fans moan about it.

Say what you want about the players on these forums but you shouldn't be booing anyone inside the stadium. Put yourself in Dzeko's boots .. how would you feel if you got booed in front of your team mates, family and friends?

No one was booed yesterday, you'd know that if you were there. Read my previous post.

Two things.

Did I mention yesterday's game? It's been going on ALL SEASON (and last), plus are you ubiquitous?

BringBackSwales said:
Kippaxstreetheadache said:
regista said:

Say what you want about the players on these forums but you shouldn't be booing anyone inside the stadium. Put yourself in Dzeko's boots .. how would you feel if you got booed in front of your team mates, family and friends?

No one was booed yesterday, you'd know that if you were there. Read my previous post.

I heard people boo Dzeko yesterday, I also heard people shouting he is a lazy fucker, he is shit, get him off and loads more similar shit. There were at least 2 occasions when whole sections of the crowd made their negative feelings towards Edin clear at the same time. Our support yesterday was as quiet as I can remember, and the main noise was negative, appalling. If anyone who reads this forum and its continued abuse of Edin Dzeko really think that some of those same negative sentiments don't manifest themselves at the matches then they are seriously deluded

You heard actual boos? As in people cupping their hands and booing?

I don't think so.

You heard groans, moaning and swearing on cue at every error by thousands of people.

Dzeko and Garcia got stick yesterday, but they weren't booed.

I agree though, the negativity gives a poor impression of our support especially when the atmosphere is poor as it was yesterday. I don't like it.

But like I said, you have to make a distinction between getting booed and getting stick, it's an important one to make.

The Ledge said:
The only booing I've heard this season is for Negrado. Garcia and Dzeko maybe don't get the full backing like many of the other players but I've never heard them booed (from 307).
When has Negredo had any booing directed at him? I'm in 308 and never heard anything but praise. When we all shout 'beast' it does sound like booing I suppose but unless I'm being clarkied you're not referring to that are you?

I couldn't understand the moans and groans Garcia got when he didnt pass it forward at 1-0. We have the ball which means they couldn't score. Others players were passing to Garcia so basically doing what he does yet none of the others got any stick.

Also when Kolarov was booed by the "amazing" south stand last year made me cringe. They'll abuse him at all times then when he gives it back they all start crying. Embarrassing really

Pablo1 said:
The Ledge said:
The only booing I've heard this season is for Negrado. Garcia and Dzeko maybe don't get the full backing like many of the other players but I've never heard them booed (from 307).
When has Negredo had any booing directed at him? I'm in 308 and never heard anything but praise. When we all shout 'beast' it does sound like booing I suppose but unless I'm being clarkied you're not referring to that are you?

Christ.

Another one mistaking noise for boos. Good example actually. Quite laughable really.

I will qualify this however, by saying that anyone who did actually boo a specific player yesterday is a cretin and likely a spoilt post takeover new fan.

manimanc said:
Tis the modern fan...
Fickle as fuck.....

Unfortunately we can't blame it on the modern fan as we city fans have a history singling out our own players who we don't think should be playing. I can even remember shaun goater getting abuse when he first joined and once nearly kicked off with some guy behind me regarding richard edgehill as he was slagging him off after 5 mimutes and he'd done nothing wrong.<br /><br />-- Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:28 am --<br /><br />
manimanc said:
Tis the modern fan...
Fickle as fuck.....

Unfortunately we can't blame it on the modern fan as we city fans have a history singling out our own players who we don't think should be playing. I can even remember shaun goater getting abuse when he first joined and once nearly kicked off with some guy behind me regarding richard edgehill as he was slagging him off after 5 mimutes and he'd done nothing wrong.

The stick dzeko and garcia get during games is pathetic.I never booed a player when i used to go even when i had travelled a long way and spent a lot of money to get there.Blues should be better than that

Ireland_for_pm said:
The ball was played into the box and dzeko didn't even attempt to get there before the keeper. And there were a lot of groans and I think he definitely heard it. I don't rate dzeko and his effort at times is appalling, but you can't knock what he has done for the club. Also don't think Garcia lacks effort he's just that slow it looks like he's not trying.

When he's the only striker up front Dzeko usually plays back post, he's never going to get there before the keeper. Garcia had a good game yesterday dominating & cutting out balls to their second striker making it easy for Vinnie and Nasty and giving them the opportunity to drive forward and even end up in the centre forward position. That's why Fernandinho was taken off instead of him. Then he tired and started making mistakes and I herd quite a few moans.
People are expecting Dzeko to put himself about like Aguero and Negredo. He's not that sort of player and is never going to do it. His first touch was poor yesterday and many of the moans and groans that I heard were because of this.

As I've previously said on other threads, we've gone from expecting good to expecting the exceptional and we need to realise that our good players will rarely cross that bridge from being good to being exceptional and cut them a bit of slack (Nasri proving that you can).

City fans, and I would imagine fans the world over have always voiced their frustration when players lose the ball and strikers do tend to get it in the neck more often than not because it's a potential chance that has just gone begging.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.