Booing the Champions League Anthem

I would hazard a guess that most major football governing bodies have an element of corruption; non more so than FIFA, closely followed by UEFA who are both utterly bent.

Booing a corrupt uefa will achieve nothing? Whatever.
They're corrupt, what do you think they will do.
Nonsensical. doesn't add up.

Not a none booing monkey, I just want to see the best for my club, and the best unfortunately does include winning the Champions League

We all know booing won’t help, just like we all know sitting there in silence won’t help, just like we all know singing City or Bluemoon won’t help.

UEFA will continue to be corrupt until someone brave enough in a position of authority outs them like the US government did with FIFA when they didn’t get the World Cup. Until then I and 90% of City fans in the ground will continue to show our displeasure in the only way we can, if we knew of another way I’m sure fans would be open to suggestion. We still support our team after the 30 seconds of booing UEFA, it clearly doesn’t negatively impact the team as we scored after 1-2 minutes so what’s the problem. No one is forcing you to do it.

There's always excuses, but our 2 goals disallowed against Liverpool would have been possible game changers.

The 2nd more so.

Game changer, for Pep, the players, the crowd, and just as importantly the Liverpool players. We all know how critical and how a last minute first half goal can change a game, especially with the 2nd half to come. If that goal had been given, Liverpool as a team would have been rocking at the start of the 2nd half. And our game plan would have been totally different. 45 minutes to get 1 goal. No need to panic, or to keep on attacking, hoping to get 2 goals in 45 minutes. Just possession football, wearing them down, until another goal. Then game on for sure.

But UEFA would rather have Liverpool, Madrid and Bayern in the semi-final. Obviously Roma didn't read the script by knocking out Barcelona.
Spot on.

I know we all moan when we lose but this tie leaves a bad taste as they didn't even try and hide the corruption it was blatant.

Our players knew it too you could see their heads dropped and understandably so if every time you work for a goal it gets chalked off.

Ha ha what the hell are you talking about? The booing isn’t going to change a thing.
Again don’t go if you don’t like the champs league, stick to the league cup.
I don't mind the champs league - I said I enjoyed Tuesday. Its not my favourite competition, mind, and don't care if I never see us win it. That ref was either acting on instructions or utter shite. No time added on after all the shenanigans, do me a favour. They don't want us to win, and that's that. Booing reminds them that we know what they're up to. Can't see it stopping now.

Booing a corrupt uefa will achieve nothing? Whatever.
They're corrupt, what do you think they will do.
Nonsensical. doesn't add up.

Not a none booing monkey, I just want to see the best for my club, and the best unfortunately does include winning the Champions League

So how does 30 seconds pre match booing of this corrupt organisations anthem, weave into this philosophy of yours, do you think the folk who boo dont want the best for the club, do you actually think for one second in time that we wont win the CL because we boo, Jesus wept mate, rewind and check out how UEFA were treating our club (and others)
BEFORE we started booing..! We are just voicing discontent not disrespecting our club or ensuring they wont win the trophy by continually booing..! I really cant understand this way of thinking, it seems to me that people are posting after reading what someone else has put, rather than having a genuine understanding of it..

To be fair, I am not slagging you for moaning at us boo boys, you are entitled to your opinion and I respect that, all we want is the same understanding as to why we boo and will continue to do so, dont for one minute associate us with anything negative about our club, nothing could be further form the truth....!

We are man city we boo when we want

Keep doing it,it's the only thing you can do to show you hate their guts,they appointed that ref to screw over pep that is clear,we all knew what would happen when he got the gig,barca boo it as well,we won't get fair treatment booing or not so let them have it

Prior to Tuesday night I was at the stage where I had stopped booing the anthem as I genuinely thought we could win the CL and that would really rub UEFAs nose in it.
After Tuesday though those bastards are going to get it both barrels, that is if I join the CL cup scheme next year and that is a big if. Dodgy decisions at Anfield were bad enough. The first half at the Etihad was possibly the best 45 mins of football I've seen City play. From SS level 3 I could see the ball come back off Milner but 3 officials within 20yds couldn't!!! Disallowing that goal killed it. We deserved to be 2-0 at least, we knew it Liverpool knew it and the officials knew it. The tie was lost from that decision. We got frustrated, Pep sent to stand and a momentum swing back to Liverpool.
UEFA is bent, always has been and always will be. They look after their own and the ones who can make them most money.

Continuing to boo their so-called 'anthem' lets them know that we all know what they are up to. Trying to drown it out by shouting City or singing Bluemoon wouldn't have the same derogatory effect IMO. I think we are all by now well aware that UEFA are going to continue screwing us over whether we boo it or not so we may as well show our displeasure. I honestly thought that I might see City lift that cup in my lifetime but after this quarter final I just can't see it happening. It looks like they'll stoop to any level to stop us and the FA seem to be going that way too.
Just glad we don't have to endure an FA 'anthem' for domestic games.

Every man and his dog called a Madrid penalty I said it at halftime.

The two ties against Liverpool have reached a new level for me. I've never watched a tie where I know if one team scores it will be ruled out until this one.

The most corrupt competition in football.

Just to take your Madrid penalty as an example.

Could you describe to me who's involved in the conspiracy?
How the conspirators acted to bring about the penalty?
Why, if UEFA wanted Juventus out and Real Madrid through, they gave the Italians a 3 goal lead?
Why you didn't get a bet on at half time?

And finally, what colour is the sky in your planet?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.