Booing the Champions League Anthem

vinny knoows why we boo,he'll have told the newbies

It's 30 secs or less

Pep might just understand it now after this last week

we are not a cult we do what we want

I say we i mean the match goers not me

Don't think you get it CM.

Do you support our club being continually done over by UEFA & their agents in corruption. Did you buy tix,flights,hotel to Moscow.

If you're answers are YES & NO perhaps it's you who should stop goin.

I'm 67 and I BoooooOOOOOO my fecking head off !!

To be fair you are getting to ‘that age’ when people’s heads start to go.

I can only see the booing increasing once the dippers get a slap on the wrist for the coach greeting.

The best indictment we can instill on uefa is to go and bloody win the tournament, that is what would piss them off immensely and the same can be said if psg went on to win it.

It's negative and our players going out to play this cup hear the crowd booing a competition they are trying to win, for us?!!?
So if the crowd stop booing for the two or three minutes prior to the match when the anthem is being played, it will make our players perform better?

Do me a F'ing favour.

If you want to look at it that way then it's bollocks, well done. (I dont think they are biased btw, that was my point - some people are saying that is the sort of stuff that goes on and why we should boo them - IE What will booing achieve if UEFA are like that?)

I look at the facts, I dont believe this mass conspiracy stuff.

Booing achieves nothing of real consequence
UEFA are shite, the way they treated us is shite (Fines, fan bans..)
Stopping booing might achieve something (They might stop treating us shitely)
It's negative and our players going out to play this cup hear the crowd booing a competition they are trying to win, for us?!!?
The manager wants us to stop booing and embrace the competition
The owners want us to win this competition and I'd assume want us to stop
We need to be in the CL and have a chance of winning to attract the players for the future

Costs nothing to stop booing, it might actually help, it's getting boring and tbh a bit of a panto, might be much more productive if we went out and cheered our team on to beat these UEFA fuckers at their own game.

Based on all that I am stopping booing, wish you guys would too but I understand wyhy you do, I used to too.

So based on what might happen, assumptions and outright lies you’re happy to bend over, get the Vaseline out and abandon your principles. Pussies like you are exactly why corruption is allowed to continue and be swept under the carpet.

Gorton Tubster.

No offence, but I get really frustrated with City fans like you.

Many of you seem to suffer from short-term memories.

You.

*It's negative and our players going out to play this cup hear the crowd booing a competition they are trying to win, for us?!!?*

Vincent Kompany.

Kompany thinks City fans have every right to protest in the way they have and points out players sometimes have to deal with far worse booing.

The Belgium defender said: "It's a joke. We have played many games in Europe where there has been racial abuse and we have had to put up with it.

"And there have been times when we have been sanctioned in the same way as the team that was actually perpetrating those chants.

"In Moscow we weren't allowed to have any support inside the stadium. I don't see what our fans did wrong.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa...nthem-protest-against-UEFA.html#ixzz5CV9TFnyF

Perhaps the newer players didn't understand it initially, but the older players will have explained to them why City fans boo the UEFA CL anthem.

Once again for you and any other City fans who think like you, booing the UEFA CL anthem for 30 seconds before the match starts does not in anyway impact on the team, and on their performance. And to prove that, rewatch the first half against Liverpool. Once and for all, that line of argument/debate is wrong. Full stop.

Gorton Tubster.

No offence, but I get really frustrated with City fans like you.

Many of you seem to suffer from short-term memories.

You.

*It's negative and our players going out to play this cup hear the crowd booing a competition they are trying to win, for us?!!?*

Vincent Kompany.

Kompany thinks City fans have every right to protest in the way they have and points out players sometimes have to deal with far worse booing.

The Belgium defender said: "It's a joke. We have played many games in Europe where there has been racial abuse and we have had to put up with it.

"And there have been times when we have been sanctioned in the same way as the team that was actually perpetrating those chants.

"In Moscow we weren't allowed to have any support inside the stadium. I don't see what our fans did wrong.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa...nthem-protest-against-UEFA.html#ixzz5CV9TFnyF

Perhaps the newer players didn't understand it initially, but the older players will have explained to them why City fans boo the UEFA CL anthem.

Once again for you and any other City fans who think like you, booing the UEFA CL anthem for 30 seconds before the match starts does not in anyway impact on the team, and on their performance. And to prove that, rewatch the first half against Liverpool. Once and for all, that line of argument/debate is wrong. Full stop.

I agree. On Tuesday's evidence maybe the players 'get' the injustice we fans feel and it actually spurs them on.

I agree. On Tuesday's evidence maybe the players 'get' the injustice we fans feel and it actually spurs them on.

Correct.

Especially the older one's who have been through the on-going shit with UEFA. The newer one's are finding that out as well.

I'm sure the two matches against Liverpool, along with officiating, and the coach attack has focused minds.

It’s just another negative thing about our general support. TBH I don’t think we’ve ever truly embraced this wonderful success our new owners have bought. The quiet atmospheres, early leavers in the thousands at home games,conspiracy theories about agendas and now this stubbornness with the booing. It’s shame that this team and our coach is this good but our fans are so negative and unhappy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.