Borussia Dortmund (A) - CL QF | Post-Match Thread

The fact that both commentators instant reaction to Foden's goal was that the keeper should have saved it says a lot about where their alliegances lay. I said the same for their goal re Ederson.

Foden's would have beaten most keepers due to the power and precision of the shot.
Keepers mind the space between the posts not the posts themselves.

Watched it in Germany with German commentary....Anyone capture the "penalty scandal" back home?? They were going nuts about the penalty.
Im sorry but I hate the handball rule these days, but that was as clear as it gets wasnt it??

Apparently they fished out a rule that makes it not a pen if it hits another part of your body and then hits your arm its not a pen. Not one of the Dortmund players argued (only ex Buswrecker Can protested his innocence...insert candle here) and the pundits were saying the pen was one of the worst decisions ever and it should mean the death of VAR, and football in general. They asked Gundog and Pep about it in German and they laughed it off saying theyd never heard of such a rule.
The handball rule is shot to pieces but even I didnt see one ounce of controversy there.....any similar reaction back home? (I dont mind admitting the goal at the Etihad when Eddie messed up should have counted so Im not being biassed)

Sorry forgot to add...the main advocate of this crime was no other than ex watchsteeler Didi Hamann! (yes he played for us as well, but lets say he played for Liverpool, it means more)

Very well done lads. Bossed the game from being a goal down, and finally came back from being behind in a game when it mattered.

Also fair play Dortmund. Always liked the way they play with energy, think they tired chasing shadows but hope they qualify for Champs League next year.
Arm, was out of line, ball, affected the flight. What's the problem?

i think those saying we were poor in the first 20 are doing Dortmund a bit of a disservice, they were animalistic in their intensity and aggression and were rewarded with a well taken goal.
They were superb, but tired, as they always would.

The only bit of the rub of the green we might get this season in the CL was last night's pen - although why VAR took as long as they did is quite 'mysterious'! People trying to tell us that Can headed the ball onto his arm. Bollocks! He stuck his arm out as 'insurance' in case his head didn't get enough purchase on the ball!
Which it didn't. Head and purchase, that is.

probs should have saved it tbh , keeper was in good position , think it went under his hand ,maybe he was blocked off by players in front , id be disappointed with Ederson if he conceded that .Not complaining though Foden's a big game player :)

Maybe so, but for a commentator's initial reaction to be that after the ball went in smacks of disappointment on their part.

Even some mainstream journalists like Mike Keegan have noticed the bias against City on BT Sport. When we are winning Jake Humphries sounds positively funereal.
Watched it in Germany with German commentary....Anyone capture the "penalty scandal" back home?? They were going nuts about the penalty.
Im sorry but I hate the handball rule these days, but that was as clear as it gets wasnt it??

Apparently they fished out a rule that makes it not a pen if it hits another part of your body and then hits your arm its not a pen. Not one of the Dortmund players argued (only ex Buswrecker Can protested his innocence...insert candle here) and the pundits were saying the pen was one of the worst decisions ever and it should mean the death of VAR, and football in general. They asked Gundog and Pep about it in German and they laughed it off saying theyd never heard of such a rule.
The handball rule is shot to pieces but even I didnt see one ounce of controversy there.....any similar reaction back home? (I dont mind admitting the goal at the Etihad when Eddie messed up should have counted so Im not being biassed)

Sorry forgot to add...the main advocate of this crime was no other than ex watchsteeler Didi Hamann! (yes he played for us as well, but lets say he played for Liverpool, it means more)

Very well done lads. Bossed the game from being a goal down, and finally came back from being behind in a game when it mattered.

Also fair play Dortmund. Always liked the way they play with energy, think they tired chasing shadows but hope they qualify for Champs League next year.

They have taken that part of the Rule which suits their argument without reading the whole thing. Stu Brennan's written a good article about it in the MUEN.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.