Borussia Dortmund (A) - Tue 25th Oct, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would imagine Pep goes full strength with a view to winning the group and hoping to make 5 early subs to rest for Leicester away. We were poor against Brighton and could do with a strong team looking to play some good football to build confidence for the weekend. Leicester are in much better shape now and it will be a tough game being at 12.30 and away from home. We can make full changes next week v Sevilla and with the World Cup coming just burn the fuck out of our players as it's not our problem for a month then.

Surprised away goals are still used in group standings, but not in the knockout phase.
Yeah you're right, they've dropped this part now.

All 1 goal wins are the same, so if Dortmund beat us by 1 and we match each other on the final game week...overall goal difference looks to be in our favour (although only by 1 goal in this scenario, +9 to +8).

Only a 2 goal loss or more tonight puts Dortmund in significant control.

Despite what seems like a weakened Dortmund side, and Pep's comments that he has the utmost respect and will treat the game as being vital etc, I think he will rotate strongly, probably benching KDB and Haaland and offering starts for Gomez, Palmer and Alvarez. I think we'll struggle unfortunately and I don't see us winning this one.

Ederson

Cancelo Stones Diaz Gomez

Gundogan Rodri Bernardo

Foden Haaland Grealish

Would be my choice (assuming Stones is fit enough to start). I think KDB needs a rest, though I suspect he will start in place of Gundogan or Bernardo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.