Borussia Dortmund (H) Post-Match Thread

The movement was good for the goal but he it was an unmarked header from 6 yards out. We're not calling those half chances now are we?
It was a half chance at best when Reus hit the ball mate, it was barely like he was there waiting. Shut down our passing lanes all night as well.

Grealish really needs to pull his weight, players in their second season normally flourish under pep and he’s looking stale atm. Same for Mahrez far too slow and passive, the standards we set and the tempo we play we can’t afford passengers

Poor first half but at least Grealish cut inside and shot a few times. The shots were blocked as soon as they left his boot but at least he had a go.
Am I allowed to praise him? He'll never be worth £100M but he's nowhere near as bad as some are making out. I think he'd be better in a more central role, but we need a large squad as we are always likely to play 55-60 games a season
and he's a good enough for the squad.

Grealish really needs to pull his weight, players in their second season normally flourish under pep and he’s looking stale atm. Same for Mahrez far too slow and passive, the standards we set and the tempo we play we can’t afford passengers
You're right, the tempo went up by 120 BPM after the subs, we were playing ping pong possession football then and Bernardo was dribbling past everyone and their mothers sister. Still think Jack needs time though, even if I despise the little ****.

Whats funny is that I have more confidence in the team doing a comeback these days than ever before! But this MUST NOT become a habit!

I feel for Grealish, this kind of setup does not suite him. I still believe he will make an impact eventually!

Mahrez has been slow and poor, I guess its just a rough patch and hopefully he will get back to his best!

Why are we not throwing all our money at Bellingham? What a player. I don't want Liverpool getting him.

The Trivela king Cancelo strikes again... is there anyone better?

Trivela;
The technique of putting curl on a ball with the outside of the foot is sometimes known as a trivela, a Portuguese term, with Ricardo Quaresma a notable user of this skill.

Joao Cancelo needs adding to this list..
For me the cross was as good if not better than the finish. Unbelievable stuff and like you say it's becoming a regular sight from cancelo

Grealish has had a knock so I think we should get behind him and hope he flourishes - he has the ability but he seems low on confidence and is a bit predictable - his troubles won't have gone unnoticed and Pepe will be (gently) in his ear.

Mahrez has all the skill and talent in the world - seems to be struggling for form but he will come good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.