Borussia Dortmund (H) Post-Match Thread

Poor first half but at least Grealish cut inside and shot a few times. The shots were blocked as soon as they left his boot but at least he had a go.
Am I allowed to praise him? He'll never be worth £100M but he's nowhere near as bad as some are making out. I think he'd be better in a more central role, but we need a large squad as we are always likely to play 55-60 games a season
and he's a good enough for the squad.
Take the fee out of the equation and he is a useful squad player , but its difficult to ignore a spend of £100m and it will always be thrown in his face , for that amount of money you expect a game changer/match winner and he isnt a the moment , not sure he ever will be.
He looked superb at Villa amongst players who belong in a mid-table team , he now looks an average player in an elite squad of players , my only concern is a player like Palmer who has huge potential will not get enough game time now

Glorious to see a hopeful kid invading the pitch hoping for Haaland's shirt being told to fuck off back to the stand. This shit needs clamping out.

I'm sure that Braverman woman will have pitch invaders sent to Rwanda or Devils Island in no time.... that'll teach em.

Grealish is being nullified by Pep, same with Foden, they both need to dribble more but Peps game is pass the opposition to death. Thought for the first time we were only looking for Haaland and not others, that will cost us if he's out for any time.
But, I trust Pep and his plans.

Looks to me like he's being eased gently in. have to trust the gaffer on this stuff. No one is in any doubt that he is top notch
Yeah I get that, it was more the idea of rotation for Wolves. I just can't see the benefit of Grealish & Mahrez starting with inverted fullbacks, especially when one is John 'Thundercunt' Stones.

Take the fee out of the equation and he is a useful squad player , but its difficult to ignore a spend of £100m and it will always be thrown in his face , for that amount of money you expect a game changer/match winner and he isnt a the moment , not sure he ever will be.
He looked superb at Villa amongst players who belong in a mid-table team , he now looks an average player in an elite squad of players , my only concern is a player like Palmer who has huge potential will not get enough game time now
Don't give a fuck mate, guardiola thought he was worth £100m, he's worth it.

Grealish is being nullified by Pep, same with Foden, they both need to dribble more but Peps game is pass the opposition to death. Thought for the first time we were only looking for Haaland and not others, that will cost us if he's out for any time.
But, I trust Pep and his plans.

I wouldn't be too worried about that - they would revert to the F9 system they are familiar with, potentially with Alvarez as the F9

for most of the first half i thought he was one of our best players if not the best, covered a lot of ground against a wall of yellow shirts, kept possession as he does, won a few corners, got crosses over - generally positive play and did a lot of tracking back. a couple of times could have shot early but good overall and helped tire their players out for the subs.
Not seen this game yet blue but that's the only positive comment I've read. The only feed I could get was the live commentary on the daily fail (im midway through a 4 day camp with intermittent coverage and Mrs Bouffant wasn't happy with either goal as I hit the roof of the tent and dislodged the condensation on her) just an overall assesment on him so far from me

Not seen this game yet blue but that's the only positive comment I've read. The only feed I could get was the live commentary on the daily fail (im midway through a 4 day camp with intermittent coverage and Mrs Bouffant wasn't happy with either goal as I hit the roof of the tent and dislodged the condensation on her) just an overall assesment on him so far from me
Lol. My wife was still laughing at my reaction to both goals when I left her sleep, the beautiful, amazing, annoying woman.

We know by now that the most important thing to Pep is performance. He was as unhappy after that game as I have seen for a long time and almost verged on being critical. I think he likes to try and play players into form. He did it with Phil who was really good against Seville and again effective last night. I feel sure he is trying the same thing with Jack and Mahrez. His interview after the game seemed like he recognises he has a real problem with both of them. The difference when he sent on Bernie, Phil and Alvarez was very stark. And John is not an inverted fullback and caused our right side to be very creaky. We shouldn't let his brilliant goal mask that. Maybe Pep is experimenting with different stuff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.