Borussia Dortmund (H) Post-Match Thread

This may be a case of big fish small pond and moved to a big pond so is a small fish. The lad wont be the first big money mover who hasn't achieved what was expected.

However we have time, and hopefully he turns it around.

i keep saying it, city need Foden silva in the team for their drive and energy, it's to nice and easy defending mahrez and grealish out wide, plus their first option is always the back pass, pep last night sent out the team looking to control the game first and not really looking to win it

but with a make do back 4 and stones at right back we could not open them up and hurt them, Gomez should have played at left back and cancelo right back for balance then you work from there, also KDB looked so far off the pace and heavy legged and could not hit a pass to save his life,

BUT the win is all that counts, good or bad and wrong options

Mahrez was excellent in CL last year and got in form for a long period of time in the championship also. He will be fine it's just a bad not in form period for him.
Grealish on the other hand tries the wrong way to play. Tries very hard to show things but he should play more freely. And DEFINITELY to use his LEFT foot also! No need to turn always to his right trying to shot, a cross with the left would give him a 2nd dimension and be way more productive.

Horrible display of football yesterday but it's like this when you try to win everything, you have to be slow and cautious in the beginning in order not to run out of fuel in the end. That's what Pep does i think. Just win games now even by not playing at full force. A looong season is ahead of us.
Paid 100 million is burden
Grealish Mahrez and Gundo in the same team, never again please! Painful how slow we played when they were on the pitch
The treesome

Mahrez not the beast he was last season. Grealish offering just as little. Both slowing the play down far too much by cutting the ball back onto their stronger foot. Triple change injected so much more pace and exactly what we needed.
I can think of a quick fix for this!?
<> switch ><

Think pep went with Mahrez and Grealish to control the game, keep possession etc. reality it just became too slow, forcing the pass, losing the ball. The formation was too easy to read and played into Dortmund plan.

I think it needs a balance for a starting line up, say an active player like Foden/Silva on one side, then a control player Grealish/Mahrez on the other.

This may be a case of big fish small pond and moved to a big pond so is a small fish. The lad wont be the first big money mover who hasn't achieved what was expected.

However we have time, and hopefully he turns it around.

The thing that shocked me with grealish is in the together video of the final game vs villa, grealish in panic mode and could not watch the game and ran back into the changing room that's not a good sign and maybe lacks confidence and suffers with nerves

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.