Borussia Dortmund (H) Post-Match Thread

Grealish also won’t have had to come up against low blocks when playing for Villa so had much more space to exploit.

So that is something he will have to adapt to. The likes of De Bruyne, Foden, Bernardo have never experienced anything different.

He may eventually adapt as Mahrez did to an extent but it is a difficult transition to make.

The thing that shocked me with grealish is in the together video of the final game vs villa, grealish in panic mode and could not watch the game and ran back into the changing room that's not a good sign and maybe lacks confidence and suffers with nerves

Yup, you can see that he wants to do well but it's like waiting for something that isn't going to happen.

He holds onto the ball a lot I presume to draw fouls but like last might that ref wasn't having it and he ended up just doing very little with it.

Yup, you can see that he wants to do well but it's like waiting for something that isn't going to happen.

He holds onto the ball a lot I presume to draw fouls but like last might that ref wasn't having it and he ended up just doing very little with it.
Underlapping full backs makes the job of wide forwards much more difficult. Before Bernardo came on, there were very few overloads on either wing, meaning Grealish and Mahrez were isolated and could only really create something with their own skill and tricks.

Neither played well, as we all have written(!), but they weren’t helped.

If we ever bought Alphonso Davies and played Cancelo at right back, our wingers would run riot.

We‘re still trying to master our system this season and full back play is at the heart of that learning.

Last edited:
I don’t think anyone could question his graft. Brown, as you say, stood out in a field of manure around him.

I used to work with a former City youth and U21 player who told me Brown wasn’t particularly liked in their dressing room as he thought he was the best around.

Not the world’s most cutting criticism, but I found it interesting at the time.
Yeah think he can be a bit of a ‘Marmite’ personality tbf

Big thank you to the guy last night. About 10 minutes before kick off my son was in the queue for the bar on the concourse outside stairwell 329, Colin Bell Level 3.
My son ordered 2 pints and, when attempting to pay, the machine would not accept his card, so he tried 2 different ones (he's a bank manager) all 3 cards were rejected. Obviously the problem was with the card machine and not the cards. The person serving him took the pints back and said you'll have to come back later ! At this point, a chap stood next to my son ( about low to mid 50's,curly hair) and being served himself, told the person to give the two pints back to my son and that the girl could add the cost to his bill.
Before we could even thank him properly he was gone !
So, whoever you are, I hope you will see this and accept our thanks and hopefully we will see you again and return the favour.

Big thank you to the guy last night. About 10 minutes before kick off my son was in the queue for the bar on the concourse outside stairwell 329, Colin Bell Level 3.
My son ordered 2 pints and, when attempting to pay, the machine would not accept his card, so he tried 2 different ones (he's a bank manager) all 3 cards were rejected. Obviously the problem was with the card machine and not the cards. The person serving him took the pints back and said you'll have to come back later ! At this point, a chap stood next to my son ( about low to mid 50's,curly hair) and being served himself, told the person to give the two pints back to my son and that the girl could add the cost to his bill.
Before we could even thank him properly he was gone !
So, whoever you are, I hope you will see this and accept our thanks and hopefully we will see you again and return the favour.

At the Forest match we got free drinks because the supervisor was swearing profanities at the staff whilst my wife was waiting to be served.

Grealish really needs to pull his weight, players in their second season normally flourish under pep and he’s looking stale atm. Same for Mahrez far too slow and passive, the standards we set and the tempo we play we can’t afford passengers
He's playing in the wrong position.

The Trivela king Cancelo strikes again... is there anyone better?

Trivela;
The technique of putting curl on a ball with the outside of the foot is sometimes known as a trivela, a Portuguese term, with Ricardo Quaresma a notable user of this skill.

Joao Cancelo needs adding to this list..
KDB's another one that does it.

Doesn't need to justify anything, the fee isn't important only whether he does the job Pep want, which he does.. The value of 30m is a ridiculous value for any of our first team regulars.
The 30 mil valuation for Grealish ranks as one the dumbest posts I've seen on BM.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.