Borussia Dortmund (H) Post-Match Thread

I remember going down platt Lane in 80s watching corners being practiced then. Seem much better now, although memory isn't what it used to be.
Point being we can't be perfect all the time.
They’re harder as teams are better at defending them now too.

Think I read somewhere that goals come from 1.25% of corners taken, but account for about 10% of total goals.

The corners were the worst bit.
It's not unusual to be fair, despite the apparant stats last season, we get so many, and most are useless.

I thought we were terrible until Pep made the changes at 58 minutes, which I think he was already making before they scored their goal.

After that, the energy the 3 subs brought changed the game completely, and then we played very well, whilst Dortmund seemed to collapse.

Mad. We had a bunch of players who did ok in an iffy set up, against a team who defended well. Bernardo probably did more in his cameo than KDB all game
IMO Bernardo is MOTM. He came on with Foden and Alvarez at 0-1 on 57 minutes and helped turn the match in our favor. Why can't someone be MOTM in 30+ minutes?

Thought Dortmund were well organised and passed it reasonably well. What is telling and not the first time is that the substitutes whenever (Foden, Bernardo, Alvarez) come on the intensity changes.

Too much safe passing up till 65minutes. A sustained 20 minute burst and most teams lose their shape, no matter how good they initially set up.

I feel really sorry for Jack.

He very clearly isn’t a left winger but is constantly being played there.

Never in a million years is he going to go outside a full back and whip a left foot cross in like a proper left winger would.

It’s absolutely mental.

If persisting with it at least give him a proper overlapping full back rather than the set up we had last night.

The system is making him look a much lesser player than he is and must be doing his nut in.

Agree, it’s very obvious he’s not a winger.
Alvarez should be our number one choice for left wing, Foden right wing.
Mahrez is still very useful on the right. Not much for speed but he can turn any defender inside out with his tricks and he finds KDB very well.

Grealish isn’t the right fit for a speedy winger, he is a midfielder for me. Problem is he won’t bench Gundogan, Bernardo or KDB unless they get sick or injured. They are all better players. What’s left for him, Carabao cup or coming of the bench in minute 70 in PL? That can’t possibly have been the reason for paying 100m for him and give him number 10.

Unless he picks up his pace fast, I can’t see him staying here. Competition is too fierce. Wouldn’t be surprised if we sell him next summer and replace him with someone like Rafael Leao.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.