Borussia Dortmund Vs City (CL) Post Match Thread

KillieMitch said:
City fans: Usually I just read the forum (I always reckon reading forums is the best way to understand what's really happening at a club) - but just wanted to post to ask something:

I understand the 'group of death' argument - horrendous group for you guys - but I'm really surprised that there is so little anger. You didn't win a single game. That seems a really damning statistic to me. To an extent, does that stat not mean the group of death thing is a bit irrelevant? On that form, even if you had United's group the first decent team would have knocked you out? It seems to me to be a lot more than just bad luck with the group - your excellent squad of players was outplayed in most of the games. Really confusing to watch and, given his record in Europe, I'm just surprised Mancini isn't getting more criticism.

Yea mate, your not wrong. Its the most confusing thing to watch, and as I city fan, i suffer inside like not other.
But anger won't do us good. this was lost a while ago. like to legitimately beat BVB at their stadium as a decider of us going to Europa. its not really something to get mad at. We were made vs ajax.
But Like we withheld some team in decent ties. Some we should have won, with a little more effort and a little more luck. Like we haven't won and its true. its pathetic. But winning in our group was at the same difficulty as wining a knockout stage game. Like, its pretty bad to not win a single game in your group, but you can't deny the difficult.
So its a bad record to be the only english team not to have won any games in their group, but please, give me another example of an english team that had as hard a group as we did.

I don't care what happens to the scum or arsenal or anyone else in Europe or how they would have got on in the so called " group of death" What I do care about is City and our performances and our results and our reputation, and believe me, so does the Sheikh.
There is a bigger picture here and there is a management team in place to realise that vision but that team is only as strong as its weakest link. Sheikh Mansour is a business man who wants success and prestige in all his ventures , he is not a diehard City fan who was at York or Stockport or anywhere else for that matter - he is , though , the future and key to success for this football club and he will have no qualms about making decisions however unpallatable, which he sees as necessary to achieve his aims. This is the nature of the beast now and everyone is going to have to get used to it.

Rascal said:
Well done Dortmund

A far better team than us at the moment and i hope they go on to win it.

Borussia
a far better team with far worse players.

It's a mystery, eh

Mystery

LoveCity said:
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
the worst thing is with balo, as much of a petulant **** that he is, id still prefer him over dzeko.

Agree. Dzeko has proven completely ineffective as a starter. With Mario he might be rubbish too or he might do something special (seems to be happening less nowadays though), you just don't know which is better than knowing you'll get nothing. Personally I'm tired of their inconsistency, you expect better from such expensive players on big wages. In and out of form all the time, both of them, no striker avoids losses of form (except Messi maybe) but the top category offer a certain level of consistency which these two don't. Aguero and Tevez are our best attacking duo and I'd start them in the derby, but if Mancini opts for a big striker then it'd be Mario.

i wish mancini would just make up his mind about which 2 to start with, and who is in 3rd place and 4th place in the pecking order. its not right that they are all getting equal playing time - naturally some will be better than others and this should be reflected in their minutes.

the constant chopping and changing, different systems and different striker partners aren't doing any of our forwards any favours. he needs to stick with a pairing for the next few games - and on tonights performance tevez should be one of the pairing. i would also go for aguero as his partner but mancini has to make it clear that they need to work hard to move around effectively so they work well together- exactly what they did at norwich when they got 5 goals between them. oh, and they both need to make sure there touch is good and they stay on their feet (sergio) as this helps.

mgx.sleck said:
KillieMitch said:
City fans: Usually I just read the forum (I always reckon reading forums is the best way to understand what's really happening at a club) - but just wanted to post to ask something:

I understand the 'group of death' argument - horrendous group for you guys - but I'm really surprised that there is so little anger. You didn't win a single game. That seems a really damning statistic to me. To an extent, does that stat not mean the group of death thing is a bit irrelevant? On that form, even if you had United's group the first decent team would have knocked you out? It seems to me to be a lot more than just bad luck with the group - your excellent squad of players was outplayed in most of the games. Really confusing to watch and, given his record in Europe, I'm just surprised Mancini isn't getting more criticism.

Yea mate, your not wrong. Its the most confusing thing to watch, and as I city fan, i suffer inside like not other.
But anger won't do us good. this was lost a while ago. like to legitimately beat BVB at their stadium as a decider of us going to Europa. its not really something to get mad at. We were made vs ajax.
But Like we withheld some team in decent ties. Some we should have won, with a little more effort and a little more luck. Like we haven't won and its true. its pathetic. But winning in our group was at the same difficulty as wining a knockout stage game. Like, its pretty bad to not win a single game in your group, but you can't deny the difficult.
So its a bad record to be the only english team not to have won any games in their group, but please, give me another example of an english team that had as hard a group as we did.

The guy your replying to is a troll/wum

To the guy you quoted...

What teh fuck are you on about because we finished last in this group we would have gone out in uniteds.

What reasoning makes you think this, i'll rip into the rest of your wummery after you answer this.

KillieMitch said:

We have gone all the way through this group only performing for 45 minutes in most games ...... and it's been hard to believe that it's the Champions League at times , such as been our lethargic approach to some of these group games.

There were times when we had argueably the best side in the world , Real Madrid , rocking ..... yet at other times we have conceded goals that you wouldn't exoect a League two side to concede.

The enigma remains , we did worse than last season in this competition , but the oppostion was a step up , but we still should have done much better ....... there can be no excuses.

However either of the two sides who have progressed from this group are well capable of reaching the final , no doubt about that.

Didsbury Dave said:
Rascal said:
Well done Dortmund

A far better team than us at the moment and i hope they go on to win it.

Borussia
a far better team with far worse players.

It's a mystery, eh

Mystery

A Toyah fan i see.

Stick to her, footballs not your best subject

Football

greasedupdeafguy said:
St Ives blue said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Cant understand posts like this, we have won 3 trophes in the past 40 years so we should be looking at winning everything we can, and we have the squad or should have the squad after the investment we have had in playing thursay to sunday. Finally Klopp managed to motivate his team for what was a meaningless game why cant Mancini do the same?

Even Dortmund have sacrificed their league position to give the Champs League a real good go, and I personally would rather not 'qualify' for a tin pot competition that risks us winning the league. The Europa is a shit competition with too many teams, end of.
It would be two extra games than CL and the fuck are we going to keep our huge squad happy with just one game a week.

Let's hope for a deep run in the FA Cup...

Thank God we didn't make the Europa League. I was dreading winning and having to face that Thursday night farce that would see off the golden chance of retaining the title that now presents itself. Why the fuck he pisses about with Dzeko when we don't cross the ball is anyone's guess!! Every manager in the game would pair up Tevez and Aguero week in week out if fit and withdraw them when the game is safely won - but not that idiot!!

The whole "player fatigue" thing hopefully ends now, no more complaining about it by Mancio. Out of Europe, out of League Cup, FA Cup has its own weekends, we'll be about as busy as Reading this season now so don't need to rotate all the time. We may actually see if Mancini feels pressured into pleasing all four high profile forwards now based on whether he keeps combinations that perform together instead of swapping them week by week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.