Borussia Dortmund Vs City (CL) Post Match Thread

We were shit last night like we have been in every champs league game this season but look where we've come from. I'm in Dortmund airport now and I've absolutely loved it, great city, great stadium and some proper decent people

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I wonder how many of our players wanted to play in the Europa?

And which of them were thinking about the Derby and not wanting to get injured before such a big game?

It was pretty clear last night that it was not only ability that separated the two teams, it was desire. They desperately wanted to win, and we looked like we couldn't be arsed one way or another. At 0-0 we were passing it leisurely around in our own half like we were 3-0 up with 5 minutes left.

If we actually couldn't be arsed, this is perhaps a bit less disheartening. If we were actually busting a gut to win and that was the best we can manage, that is a whole load more depressing.

TCIB said:
Panthera Tigris said:
I'll keep saying the same things.

The summer signings were a joke. Nastisic doesn't look great to me, and the rest...nothing needs to be said.
Dzeko and Balotelli are average. This wasn't a big game but in some big games Dzeko has started ahead of Tevez and that is a farce.

Mancini talking bollocks again after the match, same old stuff about 'we need to score more goals etc etc', thanks for that Roberto. He never says anything that makes me think he's really shrewd.

Nastasic has settled in well, he was chucked on the left today where he is not used to playing but you are going to judge him on that alone ?

I see your post history nods towards some dislike of Nastasic for some reason with no basis.

Dzeko and Balo did not show up yep i agree with that but i trust the manager regarding who to start.

What would he have to say to convince you he is a shrewd and tactically astute manager ?

I don't dislike Nastasic. I just haven't bought in to the hype, and at that point i'd just seen him struggle a bit with Kenny Miller and deduced from comments that he'd been bought on the back of 1 performance marking Zlatan. Also his debut away to Madrid, he was getting good reviews but I thought he looked shaky and making the same kind of mistakes Lescott gets slated for. I know he's very young and will improve. I'd rather have Lescott in there still personally.

Overall though i just have little faith in those responsible for player transfers. We've overpaid horrendously for a number of players, the summer signings just the latest ones. And when you see NDJ, Caicedo and others walk out the door for next to nothing it pisses me off.

Raulista said:
I dont understand MCFC fans. You keep ignoring awful play by your team by comparing 2nd strongest club competition in the World with Carling Cup. Can't you see your position, LAST ! LAST ! And Manchester City has probably one of 5 most expensive teams of all time ! And yet, one Ajax beat you hard with not much effort.

How come you are not upset. If something like this happened in Madrid, fans would be furious, coach would be sacked, and generally team would have to give their hearts and asses for sucess.
City is not Madrid. They've been at the top pretty consistently for more than 50 years and we haven't been at the top for nearly 50 years. Madrid have never had to go to the Spanish equivalents of York, Lincoln & Walsall. Just four and a half years ago we were about to go into administration.

We've waited a long time to get where we are so are prepared to be a little patient. We're building a team that can compete in the CL whereas Madrid have had a fantastic squad for years. Mancini has come along and delivered our first major trophies in over 40 years and most fans know it takes time to build a world-class club, even with virtually limitless funds. The Premier League is a lot tougher than La Liga; even teams like Everton and Stoke will give the top teams a hard game.

Look at Arsenal, Chelsea & Liverpool. All three used to be automatic top four finishers yet two finished outside the top places last season and maybe all three of them will do so this season. They've all got things to moan about but only Chelsea fans are in open revolt because their owner sacks managers after four or five bad games and tells them who to play instead of letting him get on with it. We trust our owner.

No one is happy at our miserable performance in the CL this season but most of us would rather we established a pattern of domestic success first. If Mancini fails on that front then he knows what will happen and it doesn't need us to tell the owners.

Re: Not clicking yet

cookster said:
Sick of hearing it now!

Third of season gone now, out of the Champs League with record low points total for English team.

Isn't it the Managers job to make us click?

On a comparative note, did the previous holder(s) of the record low points for an English team have it rammed down their throats with a sense of unmitigated glee? I fancy the exit of other English teams in the past was accompanied with a great degree of sympathy! Most commentators adopt a "We're all in this CL together" and there's a general notion that as an English team we are obliged to support their progress. Not happened with us!

Raulista said:
I dont understand MCFC fans. You keep ignoring awful play by your team by comparing 2nd strongest club competition in the World with Carling Cup. Can't you see your position, LAST ! LAST ! And Manchester City has probably one of 5 most expensive teams of all time ! And yet, one Ajax beat you hard with not much effort.

How come you are not upset. If something like this happened in Madrid, fans would be furious, coach would be sacked, and generally team would have to give their hearts and asses for sucess.

Add me on psn @footballkingonfifa

Chippy_boy said:
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I wonder how many of our players wanted to play in the Europa?

And which of them were thinking about the Derby and not wanting to get injured before such a big game?

It was pretty clear last night that it was not only ability that separated the two teams, it was desire. They desperately wanted to win, and we looked like we couldn't be arsed one way or another. At 0-0 we were passing it leisurely around in our own half like we were 3-0 up with 5 minutes left.

If we actually couldn't be arsed, this is perhaps a bit less disheartening. If we were actually busting a gut to win and that was the best we can manage, that is a whole load more depressing.
Never mind the players, I for one didn't want to drag myself out on a freezing cold and damp midweek evening to watch a pile of shite, especially as the Manchester transport system is a complete farce.

It has been bad enough watching sub-standard performances in the league at weekends.

Thank god Dortmund didnt play thier 1st team.
Shocking again last night. We could still have been playing now and not score.

No pace, no flair, no creativity, no desire in most of them.

Garcia- shocking.Out of his depth. Makes Barry seem like the super hero Flash he is that slow.
Sinclair- 23 years old, 10th club. Looked like a little boy lost last night.
Dzecko- How many times offside? Also weak finishing when had a few chances fall his way
Balo- Grow up. Grow a pair and stop going down. Use your strength
Nasri- Please ban him from taking corners. Needed him to step up when Silva is out and again went missing.
Maicon- Awfull. Cannot defend. But with injuries in defence at the moment i can see why he played.

I would like to say most of this is down to a shocker of a transfer window but you see Celtic beating Barcelona and wonder why we couldnt win 1 out of 6 games. But this team is fine for challenging for the PL but 1/2 are not good enough for the CL.

Not had time (or inclination really!!) to read all 35 pages so if this has already been mentioned I apologise............ did anyone else notice Aguero conducting the fans singing the "You signed Phil Jones we signed Kun Aguero" song from the sidelines when he and Zab and Mario were warming up? Class. And Zab applauded us when we sang his song as well. Brilliant.

OK, we didn't win but we went down fighting and that is not bad. What really riles me about all the commentators and, dare I say it, a lot of people here on Blue Moon, is that when the group was announced EVERYONE said it was the 'Group of Death' and didn't give us a chance but now it is as if we were expected to win the actual cup from that group. Consistency, fairness and reality checks are needed!! (IMHO)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.