Bournemouth (A) | Post Match Thread

i thought phillips did himself no favours, he was awful, give him a start on tuesday and see if he can step up
Bang on
You’d have thought that given the opportunity to play 30 min against a demoralised team losing 4-0 would be a great platform to show his talent.
Instead he strolled about looking disinterested. He looked slow and generally not bothered.
Really want him to do well but I fear for his future at City if any more displays like that.

I thought he had an up and down game. Took his goal well, and was instrumental in all 3 goals. But on many occasions he just failed to see a player moving ahead of him. Both Lewis and Alvarez complained to him about not getting the ball to them when theyade a run.

He got better and the goal and goal involvement were great to have. But I won't conclude he convinced he was a first name on the sheet type with that performance.

But good to have him back.
This “safety first” thing has been a problem with Foden all season. Maybe it’s a confidence thing. It was there again yesterday although he grew into the game. Maybe I’m imagining it but his problems seemed to start at Anfield he spent the whole game coming backwards and Pep went mad at him and he’s hardly even made the team since then, even pre-world cup.

For me he’s always in our best team but clearly something’s been wrong for most of this season. If he finishes the season with a point to prove it’s been worthwhile and hopefully Pep has managed him well long term.

Really enjoyed the match and great to see Foden back to fitness. I thought he struggled a bit in the first half hour, couldn't shake off the full-back and had a couple of bad touches and showed a lot of frustration Once he'd got past the left back he grew into the game and finished it brimming with the confidence that lets him make the difficult look routine.
Lewis was the stand out player for me. Don't think he gave the ball away once and showed some creativity and drive going forward as well as solid defending.
Ake was unbeatable and what a nice change to see the opposition supporters applaud the lad and not mindlessly boo-ing.
The away support was fantastic and had me stood up in front of the telly singing along. Even made the wife laugh as they went through the updated songbook.
Pep had it right with post match comments, and the players thanking the fans properly at the end felt like a tightening of the bond.

My lad went to the match yesterday and Ederson handed his gloves to him and some 50 year old nobhead (my lads words, not mine) snatched them off him.
He wasn't that bothered but was just like wtf, a grown man.

And just to add, only 31 pages in a post match thread?

Love seeing Haaland, Alvarez and Foden start together. Difference in attack is huge.
Watch the 1st & 2nd goals again, all 3 of them cause chaos in the 6 yard box with devastating effect.
Unfortunately it’s been a while…

Bang on
You’d have thought that given the opportunity to play 30 min against a demoralised team losing 4-0 would be a great platform to show his talent.
Instead he strolled about looking disinterested. He looked slow and generally not bothered.
Really want him to do well but I fear for his future at City if any more displays like that.
I get the impression that he would rather be back at Leeds.

My lad went to the match yesterday and Ederson handed his gloves to him and some 50 year old nobhead (my lads words, not mine) snatched them off him.
He wasn't that bothered but was just like wtf, a grown man.

And just to add, only 31 pages in a post match thread?
Someone must have footage of this, get it uploaded.

I thought he had an up and down game. Took his goal well, and was instrumental in all 3 goals. But on many occasions he just failed to see a player moving ahead of him. Both Lewis and Alvarez complained to him about not getting the ball to them when theyade a run.

He got better and the goal and goal involvement were great to have. But I won't conclude he convinced he was a first name on the sheet type with that performance.

But good to have him back.
Foden made 7 key passes in the game, the most by a City player away from home in EPL since October 2014.

Bang on
Really needs to start applying himself when the opportunity arises. There's the distinct possibility he can't adapt to Peps style but hopefully just needs a bit of time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.