Bournemouth (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

IMG-20231105-WA0010.jpg

A good win, but an odd one because I thought over all Bournemouth were better than the 6-1 scoreline suggested.

If Bournemouth are currently the 4th worst team in the PL, it shows the ultra high quality of English football.

Aside from Akanji's deflected goal, the other 5 were through sheer brilliance, hence the high scoreline, not because Bournemouth were totally shit.

Doku is another level of jeopardy & danger & offers us a very different option on the left to Grealish. Horses for courses. His skill on the right before his inch perfect pass for Bernardo's first goal, was mesmeric!

Doku's passing & movement seems to be getting better & better by the game, as shown with the pass to Bernardo for the goal of the game. What a Messi-esque shimmy by Silva to wrong-foot the defender, with a deft flick for the goal. I just wish the ball had hit the back of the net.

It was good to be able to rest a few players on the bench after 6 days off & to bring several players off early. The substitutes acquitted themselves OK, albeit they came on during Bournemouth's best period of the match.

Hopefully we can qualify for the CL knockout phase on Tuesday, ahead of a crucial game against Chelsea. Pep doesn't think Haaland's injury is too serious, but at best I'd have him on the bench on Tuesday, just in case.

Gundo would have burst the net.

Gundo of the past couple of seasons maybe

He wasn't much of a goalscorer when he joined us. His first 4 seasons with us in the league he got 0, 4, 2 & 6.

He's only currently got 1 for Barcelona

It was only really the last 3 seasons with us where he started finding the net more, probably served by the way we play. But he isn't really scoring for Barca now.

So you never know, the more comfortable Kovacic gets with our team, he might get a few goals.

we really do need to stop coming out for the 2nd half so laboured
It is a bit weird and really not like City at all. The period when he brought on Nunes and Phillips to give us a vastly weaker midfield than I am comfortable with, was a slight worry too. Such a drop-off from these guys. Sure, we scored more, but the point stands that Nunes and Phillips are miles away from City levels. Miles away.

Thoroughly enjoyed the match yesterday, it had a surreal friendly match feel about it at the start of the match and just after half time.

Bournemouth looked tidy but didn't bust a gut because they feared a hammering, as it panned out they got one anyway.

The Grealish vs Doku debate being dragged on to a match that is going to happen in March.
Definitive answer: if Pep wants to target full backs both Grealish and Doku can play. Doku can play on the right and the left.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.