Bournemouth Vs City Post Match Thread

Perhaps we should leave the team as it is? The midfield pressed the ball as a unit.

Don't know. Yaya can press the ball as a unit too when he is up for it. But I think we need different plans. Yaya in a 3-man midfield is that different plan. A two-man midfield with the two Ferns in it is another. One thing I'm very sure is that we must win the midfield battle against a very strong one, which may require some more sophisticated passing. So the more healthy midfield players available the better.:)

Don't know. Yaya can press the ball as a unit too when he is up for it. But I think we need different plans. Yaya in a 3-man midfield is that different plan. A two-man midfield with the two Ferns in it is another. One thing I'm very sure is that we must win the midfield battle against a very strong one, which may require some more sophisticated passing. So the more healthy midfield players available the better.:)
No he can't. If he does it for one minute he spends the next minute recovering. Toure missed the game through injury, but perhaps the manager might have got the message that midfield intensity is just as important as passing accuracy.

I think yesterday summed up our players, for me they pick and chose their games, if they maintained an even amount of intensity we'd be 8 points clear.

KDB was magic, Silva much improved, and Fernando but in another top performance.

Great win yesterday but as per some on here seem to think our problems have gone away. They haven't for my money until we beat a team in the top 8. To start praising mp to the skies for beating Bournemouth makes me chuckle. Great to see kdb back and silva looked his old self which is even more pleasing. Very important win no doubt but tougher tests ahead I fear.

I think yesterday summed up our players, for me they pick and chose their games, if they maintained an even amount of intensity we'd be 8 points clear.

KDB was magic, Silva much improved, and Fernando but in another top performance.

I completely agree and I've said as much for a long time.

You saw the intent yesterday, the willingness to run off the ball, track runners and harry opposition players. Marry that with the obvious talent we have and its an easy game all of a sudden again.

Yes Pellegrini has got too many things wrong this season and is rightly going but so to have the players and yesterday showed they have more than enough in them regardless of the manager to dispense with sides easily when they want.

I don't agree,yesterdays team had much more balance and cohesion,the players were in their best positions,they complimented one another and were aware of their responsibilities.

No he can't. If he does it for one minute he spends the next minute recovering. Toure missed the game through injury, but perhaps the manager might have got the message that midfield intensity is just as important as passing accuracy.

Yeah, if he has not fully recovered then he could neither offer intensity nor accuracy, so it would be much better not to play him. But if he is near 100%, then he should be able to play at the required intensity for 90 minutes, like he does against Kiev and Liverpool in February, or at least offer something from the bench if things don't work out as well as yesterday. We should prepare for all possibilities. Also, he has not played in a competitive game for nearly 3 weeks so he should have enough rest.

Although not too much to do thought Willy did well with what he had to do, and his distribution was good. Also still think Mangala can do a job under Pep if he has the right partner and plays regularly. Think Kevin is going to become the poster boy next season.

Although not too much to do thought Willy did well with what he had to do, and his distribution was good. Also still think Mangala can do a job under Pep if he has the right partner and plays regularly. Think Kevin is going to become the poster boy next season.
A 3 way fight with Pogba and Messi.

Great win yesterday but as per some on here seem to think our problems have gone away. They haven't for my money until we beat a team in the top 8. To start praising mp to the skies for beating Bournemouth makes me chuckle. Great to see kdb back and silva looked his old self which is even more pleasing. Very important win no doubt but tougher tests ahead I fear.
We looked a very different team because we played with an intensity in midfield that has been lacking for most of the season. You're right we have to repeat against better teams. But we have also been sitting ducks away from home for most of the season so to take a game by the scruff of the neck and have it done and dusted inside 20 minutes was a throw back to the City of recent seasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.