Boxing's just great.

Re: Boxings just great.

leighton said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
billfromthehill said:
Who said he struggled boy blue?
Didn't see it myself but the reports were hardly glowing, he let Malignaggi control the speed and tempo of the fight. Split decision is probably because he was fighting in Malignaggi home but still if you struggle against Malignaggi you need to go away and work on some things as Mayweather would school him.

Money is to a higher level. I would back any boxer to have Broner's number. He's exciting and everyone wants to see him getting beaten. If someone is willing to trade or let him land at will he will dominate and win fights. Set the tempo against Broner and he struggles. Might see him dropping back down the weights. He isnt ready for that weight class yet.

Remember when Ricky Hatton moved up to Welterweight to win his Welterweight title it was like he lost a edge and didnt look great in winning the title thats just the way it goes at times. I wont knock Broner for winning the title he was up against a poor champion in my opinion. There were stronger champions than Paulie. Thats boxing for you.
Good shout when Ricky moved up to 147 he was lucky to get the win IMO Kevin would have done Ricky if there was a round left not enough staminer but he won and he came back down ASAP didnt he.
Kevin Kelley wanted his head that night.<br /><br />-- Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:34 pm --<br /><br />Browner v madanna would be a good one
And Ricky burns would fight the winner in manchester yeh man!

billfromthehill said:
leighton said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Didn't see it myself but the reports were hardly glowing, he let Malignaggi control the speed and tempo of the fight. Split decision is probably because he was fighting in Malignaggi home but still if you struggle against Malignaggi you need to go away and work on some things as Mayweather would school him.

Money is to a higher level. I would back any boxer to have Broner's number. He's exciting and everyone wants to see him getting beaten. If someone is willing to trade or let him land at will he will dominate and win fights. Set the tempo against Broner and he struggles. Might see him dropping back down the weights. He isnt ready for that weight class yet.

Remember when Ricky Hatton moved up to Welterweight to win his Welterweight title it was like he lost a edge and didnt look great in winning the title thats just the way it goes at times. I wont knock Broner for winning the title he was up against a poor champion in my opinion. There were stronger champions than Paulie. Thats boxing for you.
Good shout when Ricky moved up to 147 he was lucky to get the win IMO Kevin would have done Ricky if there was a round left not enough staminer but he won and he came back down ASAP didnt he.
Kevin Kelley wanted his head that night.

-- Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:34 pm --

Browner v madanna would be a good one

think your getting Kevin Kelly mixed up with Collazo but yeah i get your point, he was walking through people at 140 but got a shock at 147

Proper Lovin' these lads keep em' comin'.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5rnxsMvXM0[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ9J52O1BrE[/youtube]

bluemc1 said:
billfromthehill said:
leighton said:

think your getting Kevin Kelly mixed up with Collazo but yeah i get your point, he was walking through people at 140 but got a shock at 147
Your correct bmc1 it was naz who got the shock from k,Kelly fair shout mate.

billfromthehill said:
bluemc1 said:
billfromthehill said:

Your correct bmc1 it was naz who got the shock from k,Kelly fair shout mate.

Ricky Burns wont fight in Manchester. IF you look at the way Matchroom work they do it in a way that they will have Burns headlining a big venue up in Scotland be it Edinburgh or Glasgow more so than anywhere else. Look at how they deal with Froch in Nottingham sell outs , Brook in Sheffield sell outs , Barker in London sell outs , Groves in London sell outs , Haye anywhere sell outs as does Froch , Frampton in Belfast sell outs thats what Matchroom are good at as they know the market and work it in there favour to make as much profit they can for any fighter.
Take the Haye v Fury fight and look at the undercard. Quigg has a huge chance to build up his fanbase by being on this undercard if he wins and its a big IF then the chances are he could headline a big show himself around Manchester. IF he doesnt do well the chances of him being a big ticket seller is gone. Thats why I was shocked when Frampton was illy advised to move away from Matchroom to go with Warren.

buzzer1 said:
Proper Lovin' these lads keep em' comin'.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5rnxsMvXM0[/youtube]

Hagler, remains my favourite boxer.
The man was a awesome.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZHIo5ylQA8[/youtube]

I used to love Koysta Tzyu he was 1 of the greatest light Wealterweight's of all time for me. Its a shame he was avoided but my god what a puncher he was. The kos he had were stunning. It was so sad to see him retiring in his corner against Hatton but what a top class fighter he was.

leighton said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
billfromthehill said:
Who said he struggled boy blue?

Hatton didn't look great at 147 because he fought a severely underrated southpaw who had excellent skills and more importantly, threw punches in combinations. A stylistic nightmare for a fighter who has limited defensive and in-fighting (barring holding) skills. And the other guy he fought was Mayweather. He basically fought two far, far, far technically superior fighters. Such an underrated and unlucky fighter was Luis Collazo. He's back in title contention now after winning a few days ago.

I think the Broner - Malignaggi fight was close because Broner is an idiot. He could have easily gone up another few levels. The fight was close because Paulie was shoe-shining (whilst having no effect on Broner) and Broner was messing about. He's an idiot, and at some point he will come unstuck, unless he changes his behaviour. There's too many dangerous fighters between 140-147 for him to spend his time arseing around.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.