Boxing's just great.

Re: Boxings just great.

leighton said:
buzzer1 said:
Just watched the Dunne/Cordoba scrap Leighton and wow, just wow.

Buzzer as I said I was there ringside. It was a huge day for Irish sport and it was as if no one was going to beat a Irish man. Ireland won the 6 Nations grand slam and Dunne in a brilliant fight that nearly took the roof off the o2 amazing it was. The first fight of Diego Corrales v Jose Luis Castillo was a classic fight too. Some exciting fighters about even in the last few years.

I also loved Wayne McCullough and he had maybe the best chin in the business my god he took the best from huge punchers and stood there and hit back. IF Wayne was a bigger puncher he would of went on to win a lot more world titles than he did as he had the chin and hart.

Deffo mate.

Just seen Tommy Morrison has passed away, only 44, RIP, such a shame.

Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
foetus said:
pominoz said:
Fucking hell!

tumblr_m08y90YHkE1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

First question i asked when i heard about the film "the fighter" and heard Mark Wallberg was Ward was, who is Gatti? How can you make a film about a man's life and gloss over his greatest fights with a small caption at the end, load of bollocks.
I thought they were doing a sequel that included the Gatti fights? Sure I read that somewhere.

Can anyone find a better round of Boxing than this?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0vSpewcMx4[/youtube]

Been a few great fights this year as well, I think Boxing is going through a strong period at the moment despite what a lot of people have said.

conormcfc said:
foetus said:

First question i asked when i heard about the film "the fighter" and heard Mark Wallberg was Ward was, who is Gatti? How can you make a film about a man's life and gloss over his greatest fights with a small caption at the end, load of bollocks.
I thought they were doing a sequel that included the Gatti fights? Sure I read that somewhere.

Can anyone find a better round of Boxing than this?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0vSpewcMx4[/youtube]

Been a few great fights this year as well, I think Boxing is going through a strong period at the moment despite what a lot of people have said.

yep thats one of the best rounds there has been, Barrera Morales 1 round 5, Gatti v Ward 1 think its round 9, Bowe V Holyfield 1 round 10, sure people will come up with some others, De La Hoya v Quarty round 6 and 12, Gatti v Ruelas round 5, Gatti v Rodriugez KO round, in fact pretty much any round Gatti fought :) his 2 fights with Ivan Robinson were awesome but dont get the mentions after the Ward trilogy

foetus said:
pominoz said:
Fucking hell!

tumblr_m08y90YHkE1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

The film was shit but that's boxing ain't no movies here move along.nothing to see here.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
billfromthehill said:
Lost Pilot said:
This is a great time for boxing right now.

Mayweather V Canelo
Matthyse V Garcia
Haye V Fury
Pacman V Rios
Bradley V Marquez

But there are to many 'paper champs' the fact the Broner is a three time world champion without having really fought any of note or the best in each respective division says it all really.
Good shout about the kid browner it's like a gay shithouse thing between him and the money man Floyd cringeworthy he's my brother we can't fight BULLSHIT .fuck that get it on NOW.
If he struggled to beat Mallinagi he has precisely no chance vs Mayweather
Who said he struggled boy blue?

billfromthehill said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
billfromthehill said:
Good shout about the kid browner it's like a gay shithouse thing between him and the money man Floyd cringeworthy he's my brother we can't fight BULLSHIT .fuck that get it on NOW.
Didn't see it myself but the reports were hardly glowing, he let Malignaggi control the speed and tempo of the fight. Split decision is probably because he was fighting in Malignaggi home but still if you struggle against Malignaggi you need to go away and work on some things as Mayweather would school him.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
billfromthehill said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Didn't see it myself but the reports were hardly glowing, he let Malignaggi control the speed and tempo of the fight. Split decision is probably because he was fighting in Malignaggi home but still if you struggle against Malignaggi you need to go away and work on some things as Mayweather would school him.

Money is to a higher level. I would back any boxer to have Broner's number. He's exciting and everyone wants to see him getting beaten. If someone is willing to trade or let him land at will he will dominate and win fights. Set the tempo against Broner and he struggles. Might see him dropping back down the weights. He isnt ready for that weight class yet.

Remember when Ricky Hatton moved up to Welterweight to win his Welterweight title it was like he lost a edge and didnt look great in winning the title thats just the way it goes at times. I wont knock Broner for winning the title he was up against a poor champion in my opinion. There were stronger champions than Paulie. Thats boxing for you.

Haven't read through but someone better of mentioned these two

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM0bpk6pSBw[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7Rj5zSlYY4[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.