Boyata

gmckennasell said:
his first booking was unfair , never a yellow for a push on the ex-rag winger .
Except his first booking wasnt just for that foul but about 4 or 5 he had committed before that.
Persistent infringement of the Laws = yellow card.<br /><br />-- Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:52 pm --<br /><br />
gmckennasell said:
Except his first booking wasnt just for that foul but about 4 or 5 he had committed before that.
Persistent infringement of the Laws = yellow card.

law74 said:
gmckennasell said:

-- Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:52 pm --

gmckennasell said:

It wasn't a foul mate. I agree that he had comitted a few before he was shown the yellow, but he was shown the yellow for no reason.

With all the money and resources we have had for 5 years now, it's abit dissaponting that this guy is around the squad and we have to rely on him for games like this

forevermancity said:
With all the money and resources we have had for 5 years now, it's abit dissaponting that this guy is around the squad and we have to rely on him for games like this

I think Pelle liked him. He must know better by now. There was no need to put him in our squad.

It's not a case of Boyata being played out of position, he is not much better as a C/B. Looked a real star in the making before being sent off at home to Arsenal, but since then, the lad has gone backwards and didn't impress his loan clubs enough to sign him. After being recalled to our squad, Dedryk has had limited chances to impress both Mancin and Pellegrinii and has not took his opportunity tbh.

I'm all for academy products making the first team, but if they are not good enough, most will probably earn a decent living at a lower league club. We cannot be sentimental about a home grown player if transpires that they are not good enough, and I think a few too many are wearing their blue tinted specs of bias on this thread. The bottom line is he has not took his chances and is not good enough when called upon in the team.<br /><br />-- Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:23 pm --<br /><br />
forevermancity said:
This is where our academy is presently failing. We should have young players ready to be pushing to be in the team, and the truth is that sadly we haven't.

The way he was playing a fuck up was inevitable. I was strangely pleased the gaffe was a sending off rather than giving a goal away

When he "burst" on the scene 4 or so years ago I thought he could be a real find by Mancini. Under the tutelage of VK I believed he would develop into a top class player.
However on the evidence of his admittedly infrequent outings for us this season he has been average at best and absolutely awful today.
His sending off was the culmination of a dreadful performance where he consistently gave the ball away and looked totally out of his depth. I know he was not playing in his favourite role but his overall performance deficit was way beyond that for me.
Not good enough is an understatement.

Defending isn't bad, but as a right back today he was involved in the majority of attacks and it wasn't his game.

May still make a good prem centre back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.