Boyata

Bit harsh OP. He is a young defender who at times for city has done a decent job. The Chelsea home game a couple of seasons ago stands out. With injuries he can still play an important part in our season. I think he is more suited to centre back.

He was very poor today however. His link up play with the team is clearly lacking. Zabaleta came on with us down to ten men but we immediately looked more threatening down the right side.

I never want to see him in a city shirt again, clearly today was a case of 3rd, 4th choice due to the fixture congestion. Thing is this result isn't going to help that.

Looked like a little boy lost in the woods, never comfortable with the ball. This game showed why all this talk of our great squad is a little off. Lescott - failed to pick up their striker for the header that led to the goal and then kept giving them the ball with dreadful headers out. Garcia- well what can you say, I thought he was about championship level but hell no he is worse than that. Boyata - see above. Pants - error for the goal but ok as a back up. The one that worries me is Nasty he looks as if he is becoming a liability in the fouls he constantly gives away plus his distribution was very suspect. Ok we got a replay but that is the last thing we need with so many games. Maybe Manuel will see that we do need at least one signing hopefully with Garcia and Lescott being moved on and as for Boyata I hope we never see him again.

Pathetic red card.

This kid has shown over the last few games he's an average defender and offers nothing in an attacking sense.

The gulf between him and Zabaleta is enormous.

Defo wont be here next season.

A much better centre half than a right back but I suspect he is never gonna be the level required for either position.
A shame because he has the technical and physical game to be a backup option,however..... upstairs.... its a different story - he's both naïve and,it appears,a bit thick.

Lets get a couple of quid for him if at all possible.

Boyata was not the reason we failed to win that game.

I don't know what he was thinking of when he got sent off, but the problem was in the final third

We had 70% possession, and did nothing. Plenty of prompting from Silva. Where was Dzeko all game. Doesn't he realise he has a point to prove

stan bowles said:
Shay Facey should get a chance in the replay. So should Emyr Hughes and Lopes. Boyata and Garcia totally exposed at this level. Nastasic making errors from first to last ( gone backwards since his first season).

why - so we can slaughter the kids if / when they make a mistake???

Boyata was poor today - he was out on a short loan last season to get some game time and its clear he needs more today. I am not sure if he is or isnt good enough - he clearly is better alongside his national captain VK in central defence - played out of position today so Pellers has questions to ask over that and his rotational policy that leaves Zab on the Bench and plays a ring rusty CB at RB

time for him to go , never to be seen in a city shirt again hopefully

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.