Boyata

alky313 said:
He's a CB.

And a centre back should be able to head a ball,pass the ball,look interested,have some nous as to where the opponents are.Therefore it makes NO difference as to where he plays,if he cant do even the basics !!
As long as his arse hole points downwards he`ll never be good enough in the PL.

Marvin said:
Boyata was not the reason we failed to win that game.

I don't know what he was thinking of when he got sent off, but the problem was in the final third

We had 70% possession, and did nothing. Plenty of prompting from Silva. Where was Dzeko all game. Doesn't he realise he has a point to prove

I've been a big Dzeko critic but I thought he had the best performance of the attack today. He wasn't anything great, mind you, but Negredo, Silva, Milner were all well below their par.

Anyway, back to Boyata. I don't think he will play again for us, and if I'm honest, I'm not too sure about Richards will make it to August either.

He's been around a bit now, but if you want to judge him, then judge him at centre-back

He wasn't at fault for the goal was he, and a right back doesn't win a game for you when we have the majority of possession so this is just a soft and wrong target

He's the fifth choice centre back playing out of position. Yeah, he was wank but there are many more senior players who should look at themselves today. Starting with Lescott who I am just about done with.

shemnel said:
dont want to restate the obvious that he was a bit rubbish but one thing was really odd; on about 4 occasions, maybe 5, he sort of looks at the ball for nearly a second before deciding what to do or to go for it. It cant be reactions, it's way beyond a natural reaction time (surely??!) so it must be some sort of nerves or indecision? either way it makes him look like a total amateur.

Agree with this. It was like he had been told to play in a certain way, against his instincts and had to think every time he was in a difficult situation.

his first yellow was undeserved (poor game by Michael Oliver I thought).

Have not seen him much in EDs but no scope forrenewing his contract in June.

Bluephoria said:
shemnel said:
dont want to restate the obvious that he was a bit rubbish but one thing was really odd; on about 4 occasions, maybe 5, he sort of looks at the ball for nearly a second before deciding what to do or to go for it. It cant be reactions, it's way beyond a natural reaction time (surely??!) so it must be some sort of nerves or indecision? either way it makes him look like a total amateur.

Agree with this. It was like he had been told to play in a certain way, against his instincts and had to think every time he was in a difficult situation.

his first yellow was undeserved (poor game by Michael Oliver I thought).

Have not seen him much in EDs but no scope forrenewing his contract in June.

perhaps his centre half instincts told him the keeper should be diving in on loose balls but being at RB that obviously wasnt the case. Whatever - he was poor and all our castigating wont change that.

Have to agree. RB clearly not his position, but he still played pretty badly all game. Can't imagine Milner wouldn't have done a better job. Second yellow was just silly... I wish him well, but can't really see him holding down a position in the squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.