Brahim Diaz - 2017/18 Performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Alber Fenoll Espejo, 30 Jul 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RandomJ

RandomJ

I can't see him signing a new contract. The league is done and dusted and he's not even making the bench. I just don't think Pep rates him as highly as Foden.

2. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

He's currently having to make way for Yaya unfortunately.Hopefully he understands the thinking.

3. domalino

domalino

It's pretty hard to understand the thinking to be honest.

Would you rather have someone who is definitely leaving with no future at City on the bench, or someone you want to sign a new contract because you think he's got the potential to be a starter in the future?

This wasn't Yaya's farewell game, he's getting a whole game dedicated to that on Wednesday.

4. Tevez City

Tevez City

The league is already won
    Aguero is injured

But yet, Diaz can't even make the bench.

Next season the club will buy another forward which means less minutes for Diaz next season.

5. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

I agree.

6. WallyA

WallyA

Play Diaz over Sane for the remaining games I say. Sane has been dreadful with his lack of concentration and general sloppiness.

7. Delphinho

Delphinho

100% agree. With Sane's current form, Diaz would not weaken the team at all

8. Mr. Wednesday

Mr. Wednesday

Agree completely. The guy is amazing but I think Pep is wrong in what he's doing regards to Diaz. Surely he can give Diaz some belief he has a future at City and still respect Yaya's service when the team play Brighton.

9. SebastianBlue

SebastianBlue

Easily. As others have said, start both of them.

Today was Sane’s worst performance in a sky blue shirt. He gave away the ball about 75% of the time he had it, including a completely inexplicable moment where he quite literally stood still, stared down a defender, and then tapped the ball directly to them two yards away, setting up a counter attack. He is a supremely talented player but my god that was dross today.

Starting Diaz would not hurt us in the slightest on that showing. Worse case scenario is that he is just as bad, which would be an achievement in of itself.

10. Tevez City

Tevez City

Glad to see him get some minutes which means there is no dispute yet between him and the club regarding contract extension.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.