Brahim Diaz

Discussion in 'EDS and Academy Forum' started by Bpughh, 11 Feb 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starsandstripes

starsandstripes

Any possibility of a loan for brahim?

2. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Always a possibility...but highly unlikely imo.

At the rate he's progressing he will be around the first team very soon and I can see him becoming Pep's project.

3. itisrising

itisrising

We obviously have a huge talent on our hands that has the potential to be a world-beater. Saying that, I'd hope we hold off on pushing him into the first team just yet. I feel the longer he has to develop against U18's and U21's, the more suited physically he'll be to the league. I think if we were to put him in the first team next season, he might initally struggle with the physicality. I hope when he does get a shot in the first team, it's when he is ready.

4. waspish

waspish

Better of developing in the 1st team like Messi did at Barcelona at a young age.

5. BXLBlue

BXLBlue

Messi played regularly for Barcelona B at the equivalent age to Brahim next season (2004/5 season); he only had 77 minutes for the first team that seasom (all as a sub). It was after he turned 18 that he became a first-team regular. Makes sense to ease Brahim in too. I remember watching Patrick Roberts coming on against us as a sub for Fulham in 2014 - looked like a little kid and was bullied by Aleks Kolarov. Some young lads just need a bit of time to get stronger - no rush.

6. itisrising

itisrising

Yup exactly. We all know how huge of a talent Brahim is but, physically, he may need a year or two before he's ready for the step up.

7. BlueindianNewcity

BlueindianNewcity

What a talent !!!

8. sam-caddick

sam-caddick

i thought he struggled a bit against germany as he did against england the other day, but what stood out was his hunger to carry on trying his best and winning the game for his team.

i do reckon in the next eighteen months or so he will have to start bulking up a little bit so he can start to really compete and ride some of the challenges he is receiving from bigger and stronger players.

this will be his biggest setback from being able to challenge for a first team place in my oinion.

it will come in time though.

9. Blue warrior

Blue warrior

His legs are already developing he's put some size on his thighs. He's only 16 he will grow another couple of inches, next 12/18 months I think he will blossom physically wonderful talent, fantastic attitude he has all the attributes to be a superstar!

10. SlimShadyRus

SlimShadyRus

Lopes style? ;)

I think so too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.