Brandon Barker for Navas?

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Ray78 said:
noely said:
not asking to throw him into a title race I'm saying lets play him in the cup game see what he's like

Not when we are playing a side who is going for promotion to the top flight and is a side managed by one of Mourinho's mates. We will see him tomorrow but I doubt he will get any game time against Middlesbrough.

Seriously ? So no youth players against championship teams now. It's just another excuse why is everyone so scared about playing a bright young player for even twenty minutes agaisnt boro - a championship team.I've heard he can't play league games as we might lose because of it, he can't play cup games as we could also lose. I'm guessing same for champions league ? We could lose with or without him.

When are they gonna play then ? We may aswell scrap the academy now. If barkely was in the city youth team now, posters on here wouldn't want him to play.

Why do you think he is good enough to play

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Ray78 said:
noely said:
not asking to throw him into a title race I'm saying lets play him in the cup game see what he's like

Not when we are playing a side who is going for promotion to the top flight and is a side managed by one of Mourinho's mates. We will see him tomorrow but I doubt he will get any game time against Middlesbrough.

Seriously ? So no youth players against championship teams now. It's just another excuse why is everyone so scared about playing a bright young player for even twenty minutes agaisnt boro - a championship team.I've heard he can't play league games as we might lose because of it, he can't play cup games as we could also lose. I'm guessing same for champions league ? We could lose with or without him.

When are they gonna play then ? We may aswell scrap the academy now. If barkely was in the city youth team now, posters on here wouldn't want him to play.

Very serious. You are underestimating Middlesbrough who pushed Liverpool all away in the earlier rounds of the Capital One Cup and who we are in a thick of getting promoted to the premier league.

Ray78 said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Ray78 said:

Very serious. You are underestimating Middlesbrough who pushed Liverpool all away.

when would our young players get a chance then ?. How would twenty minutes for barker mean we lose. We could play a full strength side and bring him on. Im not underestimating boro at all, they are a good team. your underestimating barker who has been immense for the eds team and could improve us.

grim up north said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Ray78 said:

Why do you think he is good enough to play

he's been brilliant for the eds team. Its natural progression for him and twenty minutes against boro isn't gonna mean we lose. Im not saying replace navas with him for prem games. Just the boro one bring him on.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Ray78 said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

Very serious. You are underestimating Middlesbrough who pushed Liverpool all away.

when would our young players get a chance then ?. How would twenty minutes for barker mean we lose. We could play a full strength side and bring him on. Im not underestimating boro at all, they are a good team. your underestimating barker who has been immense for the eds team and could improve us.

He is playing against kids his age and granted looks ok, but against season pro,s in the FA cup Pellers and Viera will play him when they think he is ready

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Ray78 said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

Next season when the player in question is more in tune with top quality professionals.

grim up north said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Ray78 said:

He is playing against kids his age and granted looks ok, but against season pro,s in the FA cup Pellers and Viera will play him when they think he is ready

Barkley, stones, all the southapton youth players, .... would never play if there clubs thought like that . How do you know if he's good enough if he's not given a chance. ten minutes isn't gonna ruin our chance or his. If he's good great, if he has a quiet ten minutes then at least he's gained something from that.

I think he is ready at least to be on the bench. He looked a bit more than ok this year.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
grim up north said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

Barkley, stones, all the southapton youth players, .... would never play if there clubs thought like that . How do you know if he's good enough if he's not given a chance. ten minutes isn't gonna ruin our chance or his. If he's good great, if he has a quiet ten minutes then at least he's gained something from that.

I think he is ready at least to be on the bench. He looked a bit more than ok this year.

We are going for Titles, Champions League qualification not Europa League and to please the likes of Roy Hodgson, Greg Dyke and the National Press.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Ray78 said:
noely said:

I agree. There seems to be an awful lot of fear on this thread. If we don't play a super talented kid in a cup game, then when will we ever play them? We are playing a Boro team who wouldn't have one player that would get anywhere near our squad. If we play a Barker/Ambrose/Pozo or Celina it won't be their fault if our other 10 top class players can't beat Boro.

jollylescott said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Ray78 said:

I agree. There seems to be an awful lot of fear on this thread. If we don't play a super talented kid in a cup game, then when will we ever play them? We are playing a Boro team who wouldn't have one player that would get anywhere near our squad. If we play a Barker/Ambrose/Pozo or Celina it won't be their fault if our other 10 top class players can't beat Boro.

Nobody is saying don't play them but why risk a result by playing a kid who might not be ready, bring them on buy all means if it's going our way. We played the super talented Pozo who looked out of his depth

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.