Brandon Barker for Navas?

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
Navas is too easy a scapegoat. Our best attacking outlet yesterday. People need to get off his back.

Well said. This is just another thread having a pop at Navas. Arguably, he was our best player on Sunday in terms of effort and commitment. As for responding to the OPs suggestion. If you think cutting it in the EDS means he can do the same in the PL, there is a huge gap physically, mentally and in ability, therefore cannot see it happening.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
what harm could it do for the boro game.. We are playing a championship side. We can play barker and then the first team. He deserves a chance. If we can't give a player like him at least ten minutes then whats the point in the academy.

err, we could lose

Silva_Spell said:
The complete lack of EDS players given a game has annoyed be over the years. When you have a first 11 consisting of the likes of Kompany, Zabaleta, Yaya, Silva, Nasri, Aguero and your playing at home against a team like Norwich there is no reason at all why a player like Barker shouldn't at least be on the bench. Infact, there's no reason why a kid couldn't start the game. Even if he plays poorly he can be subbed at HT, the above players should be able to carry a youngster against a relegation team at home. It'd be good experience for the player and show the other kids that if they keep thheir head down and work hard they will get similar experiences. You never know, an EDS player might just take to the PL and save us 20-30m as Sterling has done for Pool.

I'd love to see Barker being given a go but we barely involve EDS players at home to lower league clubs in the cups. It's not going to happen

I support the idea of giving youngsters a go, but now is not the time. Our "1st Team" isn't firing on all cylinders at the moment and they need to sort their collective sh*t out and start performing at the level we know they can. Until then, I see no room for tinkering.

If anyone seriously thinks Pellegrini would consider playing one of the young lads anytime soon then they need to go lie down in a dark room. If he thinks Milner is his best option as a striker when all our senior natural ones are out then it would probably take a disaster on the level of a Munich for him to put a youngster in the team.

dennishasdoneit said:
de niro said:
we have never had a winger that works as hard as nevas. defensively too.

Very true. This lad is allowed a rough patch, his assist record is none too shabby,not on his best offensive form at present althogh, as other posters have said when he is running towards the bye line with the full- back back- tracking, if you take a quick look to see who is in the box , against arsenal there was sergio and fuck all else along with 85 arsenal defenders..the law of averages says an arse will block or clear any ball in...

folk on here laugh at utd for being one dimensional and slinging in crosses non stop..Navas on form is a little bit more valuable to City than that; his final ball, back in his heyday was a quite exqusite rolled PASS( not a hit and hope cross) along the six yard line to a waiting forward or attacking midfielder...Clearly now the rest of the prem have caught on to how dangerous this magnificent little wide player really is...look how well marked he was against arsenal..they never let him out of their sight, not once....that in itself told you that wenger and his staff had comprehensively done their home work for an away game, and it was def the most hard working and gritty performance from arse since i can remember...

Mate first and foremost you sound like you know what you are on about and clearly have played as your points make real sense. My op was not to slag Navas and maybe the title was misleading in hindsight. What I was saying was for Boro, given that Pellers usually only plays one wide man (if that) I would give him a chance and REST Navas. The wing he plays on is irrelevant.

We as fans should probably remember that we are there to support and Navas could do with a song of his own, some encouragement, not moans and groans the first time he goes through a less effective run of form...

For those of you who doubt his worth to the team, watch him when we lose the ball ..just watch him..tracking back, going in for 50-50 balls( he wouldn,t have been doing that in the spanish league) making cheeky interceptions, this is a lad who has adapted his game for the premier league..

For those of us who have played football, we notice full backs constantlly showing navas inside and not standing off him..when yaya is around no problem, he will take the ball, hold it. probe, look for another opening , wait for players to move off the ball ( basically, if you dont really understand the game......... fuck about for a bit) and work it back wide to navas or zabba in a better position....without yaya, our considerably less talented centre midfielders are not able to comfortably carry out that role....

And as for the op suggesting Barker( who indeed looked the real deal against schalke) a left winger replace Navas a right sided player..........??

The bottom line is, Navas is one of the most dangerous right sided wide players in europe, thats why even arsene wenger, along with the more tatically astute european football coaches are taking great care in preparing to play against him.

dennishasdoneit said:
de niro said:

Very true. This lad is allowed a rough patch, his assist record is none too shabby,not on his best offensive form at present althogh, as other posters have said when he is running towards the bye line with the full- back back- tracking, if you take a quick look to see who is in the box , against arsenal there was sergio and fuck all else along with 85 arsenal defenders..the law of averages says an arse will block or clear any ball in...

folk on here laugh at utd for being one dimensional and slinging in crosses non stop..Navas on form is a little bit more valuable to City than that; his final ball, back in his heyday was a quite exqusite rolled PASS( not a hit and hope cross) along the six yard line to a waiting forward or attacking midfielder...Clearly now the rest of the prem have caught on to how dangerous this magnificent little wide player really is...look how well marked he was against arsenal..they never let him out of their sight, not once....that in itself told you that wenger and his staff had comprehensively done their home work for an away game, and it was def the most hard working and gritty performance from arse since i can remember...

We as fans should probably remember that we are there to support and Navas could do with a song of his own, some encouragement, not moans and groans the first time he goes through a less effective run of form...

For those of you who doubt his worth to the team, watch him when we lose the ball ..just watch him..tracking back, going in for 50-50 balls( he wouldn,t have been doing that in the spanish league) making cheeky interceptions, this is a lad who has adapted his game for the premier league..

For those of us who have played football, we notice full backs constantlly showing navas inside and not standing off him..when yaya is around no problem, he will take the ball, hold it. probe, look for another opening , wait for players to move off the ball ( basically, if you dont really understand the game......... fuck about for a bit) and work it back wide to navas or zabba in a better position....without yaya, our considerably less talented centre midfielders are not able to comfortably carry out that role....

And as for the op suggesting Barker( who indeed looked the real deal against schalke) a left winger replace Navas a right sided player..........??

The bottom line is, Navas is one of the most dangerous right sided wide players in europe, thats why even arsene wenger, along with the more tatically astute european football coaches are taking great care in preparing to play against him.

To be fair I think Navas is due a rest. He does seem to have played a lot recently. And he has put in several extremely hard working shifts. I dont think it would be a reflection on his performances if he were given a break.

Whether we can afford to do that whilst Nasri is out and whether Barker is ready yet are different matters.

The answer to your question is no

However there is nothing to be lost in throwing Barker in against Middlesbrough and seeing if he sinks or swims

He looks very good...but you just never know until he's facing decent opposition

There's a danger of things going a bit Dani Pacheco in here. Barker may very well prove to be a great player for us one day, but suggesting he is already ready to replace our leading assist and chance creator seems extremely premature to me. Navas was indeed frustrating against Arsenal, but still looked by far the most likely player to make something happen.

Let's not build the kid up too much too soon. I would love to see him get some minutes against Boro though, don't get me wrong. It would be nice to see Pozo play in his preferred position for the first team at some point too.

remember arthur mann said:
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
de niro said:

Agree. He gets moaned at for not delivering the ball earlier or running at his man but when he does there's nobody in the box. Bonys arrival will help him hugely.
Correct ! He can't cross if there's no beggar there !
Def correct,it'd be for milner if anyone.Can't understand his fuckin love in !

Totally agree with those defending Navas. Those who were screaming at him to get to the byline, do they know why?
The early cross with Aguero, Silva and Jovetic is more of a threat.
His problem on Sunday was that he constantly took a touch. That split second gave defenders just enough time to get a block in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.