Brandon Barker

Status
Not open for further replies.
squirtyflower said:
So Brandon, who I rate, has gone from a promising prospect just out of our under 18s into the EDS to a prospective £100 million plus signing for Madrid?

Ha. There isn't a single person in the world who thought Bale could reach anywhere near the £100m signing at the age of 18. Many thought he could be a top, top class player though. Same with Brandon imo. He has that raw ability.

twosips said:
squirtyflower said:
So Brandon, who I rate, has gone from a promising prospect just out of our under 18s into the EDS to a prospective £100 million plus signing for Madrid?

Ha. There isn't a single person in the world who thought Bale could reach anywhere near the £100m signing at the age of 18. Many thought he could be a top, top class player though. Same with Brandon imo. He has that raw ability.

Most people had written Bale off after his career completely stagnated initially at Spurs. I can't remember exact details, but I think there was an unwanted statistic where Spurs had lost x amount of games when Bale was in their lineup. He was then pushed further forward and became a completely different player. Barker has the raw talent and what impresses me is that he isn't one dimensional like most young wingers you see who have pace but their technique lets them down. We've had Lennon, Young, Downing, Townsend etc explode on the scene and go on to do very little because they are one trick ponies. Adam Johnson had the trickery but a lack of pace...

Barker has pace, trickery, technique - can use both feet and has a great shot on him as well. It's plainly obvious why many are excited about his potential. Though hopefully he never leaves for Madrid!

squirtyflower said:

No, he's gone from a kid who people were saying was too lightweight, to one, proven by video, to be very similar in build, possibly bigger, than Gareth Bale was when he scored those goals for Tottenham at the same age, & if you have watched Barker, then you already know that he's very likely capable of doing similar things to what we see 18 year old Bale do on that video.

The rest is irrelevant bollocks which only serves to muddy the discussion.

I don't really get the concerns over physique - he's too young to be actively looking to bulk up. It will hinder his natural growth. As others have commented, Ronaldo and Bale weren't huge when they first started out and they still managed to improve despite the kickings they often got. Our concentration on Barker should be getting him to play his natural game. There's no benefit to sending him somewhere he will be kicked to shreds and lose confidence. If he plays in home games for our first team he will get a level of protection. Ronaldo had lumps kicked out of him, particularly in away games and won nothings - after a while the refs realised this was happening and he used to ask for a free kick and get one.

This isn't a "Barker will be as good as Ronaldo/Bale" argument, but to get the best out of him he has to keep his confidence and develop his skills. If we loan him somewhere he could completely lose his confidence and it may never return.

But they're such wonderful thighs! ha.

I think they're about the same size.

_49624339_balenew.jpg

BPI-PG-250914-LivU21-v-ManCityU21-01-2921200.jpg

Bale was a lot bigger in those videos, I don't really see how you can see it the other way, Bale was always a naturally powerful looking kid. You are also forgetting that Bale is at least 50% chimp, and everyone knows that chimps are about 5 times as strong as humans, so Bale by that logic should be about 2 and a half times as strong as even a similar sized human.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.