Brandon Barker

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've switched to 442 and he's hardly a 442 type wide player. They are picking a holding midfielder to play on the left hand side of midfield instead of him, which should be a pretty good indicator as to what they are looking for. It's hard to blame them, the previous formation that had a space for Barker in it may have suited him, but they let in 5 and were doing terribly. They've predictably switched to a solid 442 and it's paid dividends with a couple of clean sheets and wins. He's an out and out winger, I'm not sure a bottom of the Championship team is really the best place for him.

I am desperate to see Brandon succeed at City but unfortunately, from the few interviews I've seen with him, he seems to be a bit disillusioned with us.

His attitude certainly seems to have changed compared to this interview

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/featur...on-barker-made-in-manchester-mini-documentary

Hmmmm :/

If true this doesn't feel like a problem unique to Barker which doesn't sit well with me.

Everything we see from the club suggests we are putting a huge focus on developing talent, promoting from within and that we want to create the next great talents. This is all well and good but then it doesn't actually happen, I think a lot of our academy players are starting to realise that no matter how good you are, and in the case of Barker you can have an incredible season, you simply will not get a chance to show this for the first team. Just when many seem at the moment where they should be making those first steps they end up doing naff all for a few months before being farmed out.

So yeah if true, I hope we don't dismiss this as Barker being sulky, rather part of a bigger problem.

Edited: Changed language.

Last edited:

This doesn't feel like a problem unique to Barker which doesn't sit well with me.

Everything we see from the club suggests we are putting a huge focus on developing talent, promoting from within and that we want to create the next great talents. This is all well and good but then it doesn't actually happen, I think a lot of our academy players are starting to realise that no matter how good you are, and in the case of Barker you can have an incredible season, you simply will not get a chance to show this for the first team. Just when many seem at the moment where they should be making those first steps they end up doing naff all for a few months before being farmed out.

So yeah, this doesn't feel like Barker being sulky, rather part of a bigger problem.
What exactly are you basing Barker being "sulky" on? And what are these interviews where he "seems disillusioned with City"? (the previous poster, @Jordan CTID ).

This doesn't feel like a problem unique to Barker which doesn't sit well with me.

So yeah, this doesn't feel like Barker being sulky, rather part of a bigger problem.
If he can't get a start for Rotherham he doesn't deserve to play in our first team.

He's good enough to get some sub minutes with our 1st team but the manager won't play him because he would after leave a seasoned pro on the bench.

What exactly are you basing Barker being "sulky" on? And what are these interviews where he "seems disillusioned with City"? (the previous poster, @Jordan CTID ).

My bad, I wasn't really concentrating and doing too many things at once, instead of proof reading I just posted and fucked up that post.

Originally I had intended to say I hope that if this dissilusionment is true that we don't as posters just dismiss this as Barker being Sulky, and rather perhaps it's part of a larger problem our academy players are currently having getting minutes for the first team.

If he can't get a start for Rotherham he doesn't deserve to play in our first team.

Rotherham have started playing a very defensive 4-4-2 where Barker as an attacking winger doesn't fit in. If we wanted to do the same Silva and KDB would be on the bench, that wouldn't make them shit.

It's too simplistic to say not starting means he doesn't deserve a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.