Brandon Barker

Status
Not open for further replies.
An awful lot of posters criticise Pellegrini for not playing youngsters, none of whom will have the full background knowledge that Pelle and his coaches have. The fact Barker hasn't had game time there or stuck it out suggests he isn't prepared to knuckle down and prove his worth and that he's not yet as good as some think he is.

I want us to play young players but they have to earn the right. I hope Barker puts right whatever has gone wrong but he will only become a premier league player if he puts the effort in. And without commitment he will be another talented young player who could have been a contender.

An awful lot of posters criticise Pellegrini for not playing youngsters, none of whom will have the full background knowledge that Pelle and his coaches have. The fact Barker hasn't had game time there or stuck it out suggests he isn't prepared to knuckle down and prove his worth and that he's not yet as good as some think he is.

I want us to play young players but they have to earn the right. I hope Barker puts right whatever has gone wrong but he will only become a premier league player if he puts the effort in. And without commitment he will be another talented young player who could have been a contender.

It doesn't suggest anything of the sort.

You are basically saying that he was so fucking piss poor in training, that after his first game where he was their best player & scored, & everyone was raving about him, they were forced to drop him. Imagine how fucking terrible he would have to be in training, to completely rule himself out from selection in the space of a few days. Nonsense.

Their manager has done the same as Pellegrini, picked the players he knows rather than risk a young player, so we've brought him back. Even if he did struggle at a lower league club, it would mean nothing. David Silva would probably have struggled in the English lower leagues at 19. And when a player gets shuffled around from one club to another & then fails to make the grade, it doesn't necessarily mean he never had the ability. Often it's because they lose heart.

And you are also doing the usual thing on here, & including the coaches in Pellegrini's decision never to use young players. Unless the coaches have told you this as a fact, there is nothing to suggest that anyone other than Pellegrini is responsible. I happen to believe Vieira would use a whole bunch of them if he was manager.

I accept I have no inside knowledge and don't know why Pellegrini nor Neil Redfearn didn't pick him, but I doubt it was because Redfearn preferred players he knows. He's only been there since October. Incidentally, Redfearn was an acclaimed youth team manager so should be more predisposed to give young players a dhance. Not necessarily though.

I didn't see the game he played and scored in but they did lose heavily. It is possible Barker produced eye catching moments and a goal but was a big part of the reason they shipped goals. The little I have seen of him for our youth teams suggests he could work harder. If that's the case and he then doesn't show the right application during games or in training then he won't play the next week.

I don't know what happened but I find it hard to believe that both Pellegrini and Redfearn are wrong and there is no defensible justification for not playing him.

It doesn't suggest anything of the sort.

You are basically saying that he was so fucking piss poor in training, that after his first game where he was their best player & scored, & everyone was raving about him, they were forced to drop him. Imagine how fucking terrible he would have to be in training, to completely rule himself out from selection in the space of a few days. Nonsense.

Their manager has done the same as Pellegrini, picked the players he knows rather than risk a young player, so we've brought him back. Even if he did struggle at a lower league club, it would mean nothing. David Silva would probably have struggled in the English lower leagues at 19. And when a player gets shuffled around from one club to another & then fails to make the grade, it doesn't necessarily mean he never had the ability. Often it's because they lose heart.

And you are also doing the usual thing on here, & including the coaches in Pellegrini's decision never to use young players. Unless the coaches have told you this as a fact, there is nothing to suggest that anyone other than Pellegrini is responsible. I happen to believe Vieira would use a whole bunch of them if he was manager.

Agreed completely.

Though based on nothing but my gut I think Barker was fucking Redfearns Mrs. He also fucked Pellers wife.

I accept I have no inside knowledge and don't know why Pellegrini nor Neil Redfearn didn't pick him, but I doubt it was because Redfearn preferred players he knows. He's only been there since October. Incidentally, Redfearn was an acclaimed youth team manager so should be more predisposed to give young players a dhance. Not necessarily though.

I didn't see the game he played and scored in but they did lose heavily. It is possible Barker produced eye catching moments and a goal but was a big part of the reason they shipped goals. The little I have seen of him for our youth teams suggests he could work harder. If that's the case and he then doesn't show the right application during games or in training then he won't play the next week.

I don't know what happened but I find it hard to believe that both Pellegrini and Redfearn are wrong and there is no defensible justification for not playing him.

There may as you say, be a reason that tactically he didn't play, because he isn't good enough defensively for the situation they are in.

That would be much more like the truth, I would imagine.

So lets look at the situation. We have a star player, mainly an attacking wide player, regularly producing match winning performances & scoring goals, with tons of ability, pace, nice physique, does a reasonable effort tracking back but isn't brilliant at it. So we sign another one who isn't quite as quick, doesn't score as many goals, is 'ok' but not special at tracking back, & we promote him, & a Spanish kid who isn't playing very well in any department, ahead of the first kid, then tell him his attitude is not good enough & he needs to track back more, & as an example of how a similar player needs to get more tackles in & track back, in the first team, we give him...? Silva ? Nasri ? Aguero ? Bony ? DeBruyne ? Yaya Toure ? Patrick Roberts perhaps ? And meanwhile Maffeo, who runs his balls off & tackles everything, is being ignored at Stoke away, in a hurricane, whilst little Garcia sits on the bench, as a reward for..?

Prior to this, the manager of Rotherham watches him play, decides he wants a player like him. He comes in & scores immediately & the manager of Rotherham then decides he doesn't want a player like him but one who tracks back better. So now he's not good enough to play for Rotherham either. But the cheeky fucker is not smiling in the pre match warm up, & doesn't look happy. What a shit person he must be. Not happy to sit on Rotherham's bench. Who does he think he is ?

There is a general attitude amongst many on here, of young players scratching their way into the team by their fingernails & 'of course' then they will get a game 'if their good enough'.

What if they are supremely talented but a bit quiet perhaps ? Or if they do have loads of talent but a bit of attitude ? The general theme seems to be, that then it's their own fault if they don't make it at City. My opinion is that it's OUR fault. We nmeed to find the right inspiration to get the best from the 'quiet' or even 'soft' kids, toughen them up, & find a way to channel the 'atitude' in those kids.

If we follow the mantra of many on here, that it's all purely upto the kids to be perfect in every way, on their own, we would never get Peter Barnes, Gazza, Cantona, Keane, Maradona, Ronaldo, etc etc etc, we would find a fault in all of them.

If Barkerdoesn't make it at City, we have failed, whether it's down to attitude, workrate, whatever. he is good enough not just to play, but to be a star, & some fucker at City, should be good enough to find the secret of getting it out of him. Any fucker can read a coaching maual & put some cones out. Coaches & managers at City should be special, & CREATE players, not lose them.

Some good points there Nev.

I personally don’t buy into the various accounts of players attitudes on tinternet based on how much fun they appear to be having. You can have too much fun (like Zucu in Spain) or not enough fun (like Barker recently).

There can be an accumulation of rumour around what a player is like attitude wise but even if there is 100 online references to someone being a bit lazy or whatever it wouldn’t surprise me if 99 of them are based on 1 of the others. And if there is a genuine ITK out there how do we know they don’t have an agenda. The only real people who know what Barker was like at Rotherham were the other players and coaches – were they all on his side or did they have something to gain by slating him?

Is he good enough – I’m not as convinced. We have had decent wingers before who look like potential world beaters. I think that a decent loan is the only way to find out. It doesn’t have to be the highest standard of football just competitive and with a big game atmosphere/pressure. Denayers’ loan at Celtic was great in that he proved he could do it and he has not looked back. Angelino at NYCFC has proved he has something about him but lots to work on and he will be better for it. Evans is on his way to doing the same and we will know a whole load more about him by the end of the season.

Barker needs to put this one behind him and move on quickly.

There may as you say, be a reason that tactically he didn't play, because he isn't good enough defensively for the situation they are in.

That would be much more like the truth, I would imagine.

So lets look at the situation. We have a star player, mainly an attacking wide player, regularly producing match winning performances & scoring goals, with tons of ability, pace, nice physique, does a reasonable effort tracking back but isn't brilliant at it. So we sign another one who isn't quite as quick, doesn't score as many goals, is 'ok' but not special at tracking back, & we promote him, & a Spanish kid who isn't playing very well in any department, ahead of the first kid, then tell him his attitude is not good enough & he needs to track back more, & as an example of how a similar player needs to get more tackles in & track back, in the first team, we give him...? Silva ? Nasri ? Aguero ? Bony ? DeBruyne ? Yaya Toure ? Patrick Roberts perhaps ? And meanwhile Maffeo, who runs his balls off & tackles everything, is being ignored at Stoke away, in a hurricane, whilst little Garcia sits on the bench, as a reward for..?

Prior to this, the manager of Rotherham watches him play, decides he wants a player like him. He comes in & scores immediately & the manager of Rotherham then decides he doesn't want a player like him but one who tracks back better. So now he's not good enough to play for Rotherham either. But the cheeky fucker is not smiling in the pre match warm up, & doesn't look happy. What a shit person he must be. Not happy to sit on Rotherham's bench. Who does he think he is ?

There is a general attitude amongst many on here, of young players scratching their way into the team by their fingernails & 'of course' then they will get a game 'if their good enough'.

What if they are supremely talented but a bit quiet perhaps ? Or if they do have loads of talent but a bit of attitude ? The general theme seems to be, that then it's their own fault if they don't make it at City. My opinion is that it's OUR fault. We nmeed to find the right inspiration to get the best from the 'quiet' or even 'soft' kids, toughen them up, & find a way to channel the 'atitude' in those kids.

If we follow the mantra of many on here, that it's all purely upto the kids to be perfect in every way, on their own, we would never get Peter Barnes, Gazza, Cantona, Keane, Maradona, Ronaldo, etc etc etc, we would find a fault in all of them.

If Barkerdoesn't make it at City, we have failed, whether it's down to attitude, workrate, whatever. he is good enough not just to play, but to be a star, & some fucker at City, should be good enough to find the secret of getting it out of him. Any fucker can read a coaching maual & put some cones out. Coaches & managers at City should be special, & CREATE players, not lose them.

A lot of what you say is pure speculation, and not fact.

No one apart from the City and Rotheram coaches/managers know what happened, to say otherwise and to consistently paint such a negative view is clearly showcasing your bias.

Allegedly,he couldnt give two fucks.

In my wish to appear ITK I'm going to neither confirm nor deny what you've put but rather give you a jaunty tune:

On a related, typing 'fucked your wife' into youtube has interesting results as the above demonstrates.

A lot of what you say is pure speculation, and not fact.

No one apart from the City and Rotheram coaches/managers know what happened, to say otherwise and to consistently paint such a negative view is clearly showcasing your bias.

I was answering a post which was claiming that perhaps the reason for him not playing, was his lack of defensive ability, with a hypothetical answer ie, IF that was the case. then the other stuff I have mentioned all comes into the equation.

So I'm just showing your lack of understanding of the discission rather than any bias.

My own opinion is that Pellegrini & the other **** don't use Barker because it's easier not to use him than to try.

So if you want bias, use that instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.