Brandon Barker

Status
Not open for further replies.
A loan to forget this. Looked good in the one game he got a chance. But a club / manager on a bad run and under massive pressure so looking to build some defensive form. They are gearing up for a relegation scrap so its’ not the place for a young inexperienced winger to thrive!

A few EDS games and then look for another loan in January. A team on the fringes of play offs would be better as they would have nothing to lose / all to gain.

That suggests the manager wasnt happy with him......could there be truth to his attitude problem rumour?

Could also suggest the manager realised he wasn't gonna use him much going forward and didn't want to burn bridges with City so 'did the right thing'...could go either way. I have no idea personally.

That suggests the manager wasnt happy with him......could there be truth to his attitude problem rumour?

Maybe, but we can't draw conclusions. I've known situations where a manager has sent someone back as they know their not gonna get played and it's unfair on the kid, and situations where it's simply they'd want someone else in on loan instead. Best to wait and see, one of their fans might have a better idea.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's shown a bit of attitude at not getting any real game time, especially since an excellent debut. I wouldn't call that an 'attitude problem', just a player who's determined to make his mark and knows that his level is above the players getting picked ahead of him.

Who would want him sat there and just happy to be part of the squad? A team of relegation candidates who's only real chance of survival is negative tactics and long balls.

Great to have him back and hopefully he can get a much more suitable loan in January.

Any loan is a gamble, which makes it pretty sensible that we started him and Evans out on very short term loans to see if it's a good fit. Clearly this one hasn't worked out, but it's not wasted much of his time and there is still a lot to be learned from a bad loan. If he reacts the right way, he could benefit a lot from the experience.

Perhaps I'm wrong but didn't "the attitude problem" arise from someone on here simply asking does he have an attitude problem? i.e. there's no actual evidence whatsoever?

Sending an out and out winger to the Championship always seemed an odd move, you'd have thought Holland or Portugal would have been more obvious places for a player like him. You don't get many genuine 433's in the Championship, wingers are expected to be Milner like workhorses, not Robben like forwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.