Brandon Barker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I accept I have no inside knowledge and don't know why Pellegrini nor Neil Redfearn didn't pick him, but I doubt it was because Redfearn preferred players he knows. He's only been there since October. Incidentally, Redfearn was an acclaimed youth team manager so should be more predisposed to give young players a dhance.

If Redfearn was so great with working with youth why would he employ Andy Hughes as a 1st team development coach working with the younger players - he clearly hoodwinked City about Brandon when he clearly knew about the other deals to bring in other players that came into fruition within a few days of Barker signing - so Barker was the fallback option if those deals didn't materialise

That's how i see it. He also looks sulky, i guess. Which is most likely what its all based on. His attitude for the EDS has always been great, working hard throughout etc.
Sulky?
He's a great kid who's not getting the opportunity's he deserves!!
Man city pulled him out!!

Sulky?
He's a great kid who's not getting the opportunity's he deserves!!
Man city pulled him out!!

I know mate. I meant literally looks it aesthetically. One of those faces, not that he is :)

I think he's excellent. Though Rotherham sent him back btw. Wasn't recalled

If Redfearn was so great with working with youth why would he employ Andy Hughes as a 1st team development coach working with the younger players - he clearly hoodwinked City about Brandon when he clearly knew about the other deals to bring in other players that came into fruition within a few days of Barker signing - so Barker was the fallback option if those deals didn't materialise
Listen Boys, it was purely political, after Brans debut, the left mid went in and complained about not getting his appearance fee!!
Got a mortgage to pay, kids to feed Etc, sometimes you look into things to deeply, got 1 game, scored a screamer got man of the match!!
What does that tell you?!!
He's gonna smash it for us, you mark my words!!

Last edited:
H
I know mate. I meant literally looks it aesthetically. One of those faces, not that he is :)

I think he's excellent. Though Rotherham sent him back btw. Wasn't recalled[/QUOTE
He was recalled because I recalled him,on advice from city!

There may as you say, be a reason that tactically he didn't play, because he isn't good enough defensively for the situation they are in.

That would be much more like the truth, I would imagine.

So lets look at the situation. We have a star player, mainly an attacking wide player, regularly producing match winning performances & scoring goals, with tons of ability, pace, nice physique, does a reasonable effort tracking back but isn't brilliant at it. So we sign another one who isn't quite as quick, doesn't score as many goals, is 'ok' but not special at tracking back, & we promote him, & a Spanish kid who isn't playing very well in any department, ahead of the first kid, then tell him his attitude is not good enough & he needs to track back more, & as an example of how a similar player needs to get more tackles in & track back, in the first team, we give him...? Silva ? Nasri ? Aguero ? Bony ? DeBruyne ? Yaya Toure ? Patrick Roberts perhaps ? And meanwhile Maffeo, who runs his balls off & tackles everything, is being ignored at Stoke away, in a hurricane, whilst little Garcia sits on the bench, as a reward for..?

Prior to this, the manager of Rotherham watches him play, decides he wants a player like him. He comes in & scores immediately & the manager of Rotherham then decides he doesn't want a player like him but one who tracks back better. So now he's not good enough to play for Rotherham either. But the cheeky fucker is not smiling in the pre match warm up, & doesn't look happy. What a shit person he must be. Not happy to sit on Rotherham's bench. Who does he think he is ?

There is a general attitude amongst many on here, of young players scratching their way into the team by their fingernails & 'of course' then they will get a game 'if their good enough'.

What if they are supremely talented but a bit quiet perhaps ? Or if they do have loads of talent but a bit of attitude ? The general theme seems to be, that then it's their own fault if they don't make it at City. My opinion is that it's OUR fault. We nmeed to find the right inspiration to get the best from the 'quiet' or even 'soft' kids, toughen them up, & find a way to channel the 'atitude' in those kids.

If we follow the mantra of many on here, that it's all purely upto the kids to be perfect in every way, on their own, we would never get Peter Barnes, Gazza, Cantona, Keane, Maradona, Ronaldo, etc etc etc, we would find a fault in all of them.

If Barkerdoesn't make it at City, we have failed, whether it's down to attitude, workrate, whatever. he is good enough not just to play, but to be a star, & some fucker at City, should be good enough to find the secret of getting it out of him. Any fucker can read a coaching maual & put some cones out. Coaches & managers at City should be special, & CREATE players, not lose them.
Good post. Some kids won't make it but we need coaches who will squeeze the last bit of potential out of every one of them.

Listen Boys, it was purely political, after Brans debut, the left min went in and complained about not getting his appearance fee!!
Got a mortgage to pay, kids to feed Etc, sometimes you look into things to deeply, got 1 game, scored a screamer got man of the match!!
What does that tell you?!!
He's gonna smash it for us, you mark my words!!

I think you're right.

There may as you say, be a reason that tactically he didn't play, because he isn't good enough defensively for the situation they are in.

That would be much more like the truth, I would imagine.

So lets look at the situation. We have a star player, mainly an attacking wide player, regularly producing match winning performances & scoring goals, with tons of ability, pace, nice physique, does a reasonable effort tracking back but isn't brilliant at it. So we sign another one who isn't quite as quick, doesn't score as many goals, is 'ok' but not special at tracking back, & we promote him, & a Spanish kid who isn't playing very well in any department, ahead of the first kid, then tell him his attitude is not good enough & he needs to track back more, & as an example of how a similar player needs to get more tackles in & track back, in the first team, we give him...? Silva ? Nasri ? Aguero ? Bony ? DeBruyne ? Yaya Toure ? Patrick Roberts perhaps ? And meanwhile Maffeo, who runs his balls off & tackles everything, is being ignored at Stoke away, in a hurricane, whilst little Garcia sits on the bench, as a reward for..?

Prior to this, the manager of Rotherham watches him play, decides he wants a player like him. He comes in & scores immediately & the manager of Rotherham then decides he doesn't want a player like him but one who tracks back better. So now he's not good enough to play for Rotherham either. But the cheeky fucker is not smiling in the pre match warm up, & doesn't look happy. What a shit person he must be. Not happy to sit on Rotherham's bench. Who does he think he is ?

There is a general attitude amongst many on here, of young players scratching their way into the team by their fingernails & 'of course' then they will get a game 'if their good enough'.

What if they are supremely talented but a bit quiet perhaps ? Or if they do have loads of talent but a bit of attitude ? The general theme seems to be, that then it's their own fault if they don't make it at City. My opinion is that it's OUR fault. We nmeed to find the right inspiration to get the best from the 'quiet' or even 'soft' kids, toughen them up, & find a way to channel the 'atitude' in those kids.

If we follow the mantra of many on here, that it's all purely upto the kids to be perfect in every way, on their own, we would never get Peter Barnes, Gazza, Cantona, Keane, Maradona, Ronaldo, etc etc etc, we would find a fault in all of them.

If Barkerdoesn't make it at City, we have failed, whether it's down to attitude, workrate, whatever. he is good enough not just to play, but to be a star, & some fucker at City, should be good enough to find the secret of getting it out of him. Any fucker can read a coaching maual & put some cones out. Coaches & managers at City should be special, & CREATE players, not lose them.

If you are saying that youth and first team managers need to be able to support and encourage all sorts of young players to be the best they can and help them overcome obstacles then I completely agree. I don't know whether Barker's loan failing is a result of poor man management and the inability of redfearn to get the best out of a precious talent. Hopefully there is someone elsewhere that can do it. But the playe has to take some responsibility and is far more likely to succeed if he is capable of overcoming adversity. You may be right and Pellegrini could do much more or it may be that he correctly believes that the players aren't good enough (physically or mentally) to thrive.

It won't happen because Pellegrini isn't interested, but what the club should do now is involve Brandon with the first team over the Christmas period and show him that we do actually appreciate his talent and value him as an proper asset moving forward. He's destined for another loan in January and hopefully it'll be one that will allow him to flourish, but it's about time a bit of meritocracy is applied with him.

Garcia and Pozo have done absolutely nothing to warrant the faith Pellegrini has shown in them in the past 18 months while completely overlooking Barker. He's physically better suited to this league than any of our brightest young attacking talents, Brahim and Roberts included; he's potentially an Henry/Bale-type, gliding in from wide, beating men for fun and utilising his brilliant ability to finish with either foot. If we manage him properly over the next few years he could become our best player, but it has to start now.

Another thing that's important with him in the unlikely event he gets a look in this season is position; if we're playing a 4-4-2 he'd be better suited to second striker role rather than as an orthodox wide player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.