Brandon Barker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talent only gets you so far and sadly, there is zero chance that Barker will make it under Pep.

I just can't understand the mentality of the lad. It's away against Bayern Munich, a real chance to impress the new manager, and he plays like he thinks he is better than what he is.

I can excuse poor passes, misplaced crosses etc, but the amount of times that he simply couldn't be arsed to go with his man was disgraceful. I'm sure it didn't go unnoticed by Pep.

For a lad who has done absolutely nothing in the game so far, it's baffling.

He needs to go out on loan and get first team playing time somewhere to get his confidence/desire up. He's a standout at the academy level but seems unmotivated (idk if that's the right word) at times.

He needs to go out on loan and get first team playing time somewhere to get his confidence/desire up. He's a standout at the academy level but seems unmotivated (idk if that's the right word) at times.
He's been there, thought it was below him and was late to training and half arsed on the regular. Sent back early due to lack of commitment.

Talent only gets you so far and sadly, there is zero chance that Barker will make it under Pep.

I just can't understand the mentality of the lad. It's away against Bayern Munich, a real chance to impress the new manager, and he plays like he thinks he is better than what he is.

I can excuse poor passes, misplaced crosses etc, but the amount of times that he simply couldn't be arsed to go with his man was disgraceful. I'm sure it didn't go unnoticed by Pep.

For a lad who has done absolutely nothing in the game so far, it's baffling.
Maybe he was told to stay in his position but just didn't get it right?
Perhaps with some more coaching he'll get that? Let's hope for the best. :-)

Maybe he was told to stay in his position but just didn't get it right?
Perhaps with some more coaching he'll get that? Let's hope for the best. :-)

Possibly, and don't get me wrong, as a Manchester lad I'd love to see him do well, but there were times where he just gave up last night.

It's a worrying sign for sure.

Cant see this lad making it to Sept with us unfortunately. I've seen him play a few times and he's really struggling to make the step up against a more disciplined level of player.

Fingers crossed he throws caution to the wind and just goes for it.

Don't think he will make the grade and have thought that every time I've seen him play. He may tear it up in the EDS but up against proper players he just goes missing. Think he'll end up at a Championship club eventually.

He did pretty well at the 1st game accorfing to reports and even scored a beauty and during the next month or smth he got less than 10 minutes of gametime or smth. And it WAS a short-term loan.
He got dropped because of his attitude in training. If you score a good goal but turn up late for training and put in 50% effort, you're not wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.