Breakaway European Super League

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to see what this would look like, just watch any of the games being played in lockdown. Away fans would be almost non-existent and after the initial novelty home fans would stay also stay away. How would Bayern fans react after being out of the top four for a few seasons.

Not going to happen, it would be so sterile and passionless.

Couldn’t find a designated thread to this so thought I’d create one.
Mods- if one exists please merge. Also if this is more suited to the ‘general football’ forum please move.

Reports today indicate the super league proposal is pretty advanced and City are down as one of the 15 founding members. We would allegedly be paid over £300M as one of the founding members and this would effectively replace the CL.

Fifa/UEFA obviously shitting it as they have issued a media release today to say that any players that were to take part would be banned from international competition. It’s an empty threat as without the players FIFA don’t have a commercially viable tournament anyway.

Ziegler of The Times has exclusive story on this and they have obtained a document outlining the proposal in full. It’s on his Twitter account.

I actually think this is going to happen. Not sure how this all affects FFP ?

The premier league barely holds my attention...along with the domestic cups....i have zero interest in any european competitions

It seems Manu and Liverpool are pushing for it to happen. Haven't heard City's take on it yet but if they have been mentioned I think it can be assumed that they are also up for it to happen. As a Liverpool fan I can't believe that the owners want this but the amounts of money being talked about (billions) will turn numerous heads. Man U and the Glazers who are leading that club dry will be one of the main instigators. If it happens how long before someone wants a world league with Brazilian and other South American clubs involved. The Premier League has attracted the sharks who sense a large feeding frenzy in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.