Breaking Bad

LoveCity said:
Without doubt one of the best TV shows I've ever seen. For a long time I hated everything except the X-Files but in the last 5-6 years or so there has been a constant stream of quality programs like Breaking Bad, Prison Break, Dexter, Walking Dead, Sherlock, Luther, Game of Thrones, The Borgias, and Homeland. I've been reading about a possible X-Files reboot and while I'm a bit worried it could be fooked up, I miss having a show of that style (aliens, UFOs, conspiracies). Someone told me Fringe is the closest thing to X-Files, anyone seen it?

I havent, but if you like the x-files etc apparently you will LOVE this.

TFC said:
LoveCity said:
Without doubt one of the best TV shows I've ever seen. For a long time I hated everything except the X-Files but in the last 5-6 years or so there has been a constant stream of quality programs like Breaking Bad, Prison Break, Dexter, Walking Dead, Sherlock, Luther, Game of Thrones, The Borgias, and Homeland. I've been reading about a possible X-Files reboot and while I'm a bit worried it could be fooked up, I miss having a show of that style (aliens, UFOs, conspiracies). Someone told me Fringe is the closest thing to X-Files, anyone seen it?

Funny you should said that really Vince (Gilligan) was one of the producers on X-files. He cast a relatively unknown Bryan Cranston in one of the episodes back in 1998. 10 years down the line and the masterpiece which is Breaking Bad was born. My addiction to this show has gotten that bad that any drama I attempt to watch like Homeland or The Walking Dead I end up scrutinizing as it just isn't on the same level as BB.

Good interview with Vince -

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.vulture.com/2013/01/vince-gilligan-on-writing-breaking-bad-finale.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.vulture.com/2013/01/vince-gi ... inale.html</a>

yatesy94 said:
TFC said:
LoveCity said:

Funny you should said that really Vince (Gilligan) was one of the producers on X-files. He cast a relatively unknown Bryan Cranston in one of the episodes back in 1998. 10 years down the line and the masterpiece which is Breaking Bad was born. My addiction to this show has gotten that bad that any drama I attempt to watch like Homeland or The Walking Dead I end up scrutinizing as it just isn't on the same level as BB.

I'm exactly the same. Breaking Bad has ruined every other drama series for me.

I would just like to say that I love breaking bad, it's one of the best shows on telly, and I couldn't stand the x-files, a load of shite. Just wanted to point that out in case people were thinking about watching breaking bad, but are now seeing comparisons to that pile of dogshit x-files.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.