Brentford (A) | Post Match Thread

Stop fucking moaning you precious cunts in here that are! We've won the league for the THIRD season in a row with THREE games to spare, after chasing down a very good Arsenal side with an eight point lead. As well as that we've reached the fa cup final and the champions league final, thrashing Bayern Munich and Real Madrid along the way. In thar process we've played the best football I've witnessed in fifty five years of watching this club. In TWENTY FIVE games we've lost ONCE in a dead rubber game while playing the reserves.

Will resting key players lose us momentum? Nobody knows. Such is our system and the players knowledge of playing it I doubt it. The ones rested will be fit and raring to go. If we lose one or both finals I'm sure all the told you so whiners will be back saying it was because of this. It won't be. Two tough decent sides want to win these finals as much as we do. Bad luck, a worldie goal, the dreaded var and/or the other teams playing better could happen and we could lose. I hope we don't and if we put a performance in like against Liverpool, Arsenal and Madrid we won't barring something freak happening. Count your blessings, stop fucking whining, get behind the lads and stop thinking you know more than the best manager in the world, you don't.
Pep rightly so was never going to pick our best players in meaningless games but it's the loss of momentum that is the biggest issue, Saturday will be fiery, perfect wat to get back into the rhythm.

OK this is disastrous. :(
But I just can't understand how this happened. They played before 11 days the Real Madrid home game normally and did not seem to have anything.
And then, according to this "10 days", they stopped training, obviously because they have a not that minor issue.

But then why did Pep say on Friday that all players are fit for Sunday(today)?

Anyway, Dias is extremely important for us, when he came back we never lost a game(36 undefeated?) and we went on a huge run as he did tidy the defense.
Grealish is also very important as he was excellent this 2nd half of the year being a constant big threat on the left side.
So if they will miss any final it will be a huge blow :(
pep-guardiola-man-city.gif

We’ve had two players for almost every position since Pep arrived,some not always great but not as bad as the fringe we have now

Let me give you an example -would you sooner have Delph or Gomez ?
As you are asking if I would prefer a player who struggles with keeping fit, when fit cannot get into a team almost relegated, making 35 appearances in 4 years, scoring no goals I think you know the answer.

We all wanted players resting for the the last three league games of the season once the league was won. This is what happens when you rest a lot of players in the Premier league.

I'll do one better. Benjamin Mendy. He cost a little more and was never match fit (Injured all the time). And his off the pitch troubles.

Phillips has lacked confidence and self belief it seems. He was brilliant under Bielsa but I think he exhausted him out (With the injuries he suffered) and hasn't recovered to his best. Pep has done his best with him but it's sadly not worked out the way he would have wanted.
He never looked brilliant to me at Leeds..always second touch was a tackle type..couldn't trap a vag of cement as they used to say. All huff and puff but little guile.. what did City see in him, baffles me..he seems a nice fella mind you.

Pep rightly so was never going to pick our best players in meaningless games but it's the loss of momentum that is the biggest issue, Saturday will be fiery, perfect wat to get back into the rhythm.
I dont buy the monentum thing .our best side play together about once every four games when you look at it. Don't have momentum with same team hardly ever all season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.