Brentford (A) | Post Match Thread

I think the reason Pep played such a team was because quite a few of those players won’t feature at all in the next two games and so they he wanted to give them all as many minutes as possible.

I'll do one better. Benjamin Mendy. He cost a little more and was never match fit (Injured all the time). And his off the pitch troubles.

Phillips has lacked confidence and self belief it seems. He was brilliant under Bielsa but I think he exhausted him out (With the injuries he suffered) and hasn't recovered to his best. Pep has done his best with him but it's sadly not worked out the way he would have wanted.
God I have tried so hard to erase Mendy from my mind that I totally forgot about him!!! Yeah Mendy definitely the worst ever. Phillips seems like a top bloke so let’s hope he has a much better 2nd season (if he is still here).

Sorry everyone, this one's on me ; last night I forgot to put on my City aftershave before going to bed. Every time I remember it, we win.

God I have tried so hard to erase Mendy from my mind that I totally forgot about him!!! Yeah Mendy definitely the worst ever. Phillips seems like a top bloke so let’s hope he has a much better 2nd season (if he is still here).
I know that many will disagree. Phillips is a decent player - always impressed for England and is a good stand-in for Rodders. He would play every week in any other Prem team. But he's up against the best in the world in trying to get into our team.

Pep is playing a blinder here
He knows his staring line up and he has rested everyone he can in readiness
At the same time he now has the rest of the squad at match fitness
We will fly at then next Saturday with a full, fresh team
This is what I think also - not easy to work out the best strategy after the league finished like it did - but I'm sure he'll have them as ready as they were for Madrid. We have to believe it and give them the same level of support.

Foden was our best player by far and I am not sure how MEN gave him only 6. He was doing exactly what people wanted heim to do in the MF. I checked some pages here and I just don't understand moaning about Gomez, Phillips and Palmer when they barely featured in any of the serious games this season. I can see Palmer only getting better with more games played. Ederson distribution was bonkers though, I thought Pep would have a heart attack at one point in the second half and Mahrez continued with really poor form.

Before he got injured, Mendy was showing early signs he was going to be a tremendous signing. He was effectively keeping Sanè out of the team on occasions because he was doing his job as well as his own.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.