Brentford (A) - Sun 28th May, 16:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Play full strength imo

It is one game and we have the best physios/back room staff in the world. They know exactly what the players need and what they don't in terms of playing time. More importantly, the players themselves also know where they are at mentally and if there is one thing we have learnt about Pep, it is that he listens to the players.

We need that ruthlessness when we play the rags & inter, we cannot do the treble without it. We are favourites for both ties but this is never a guarantee. I feel that the celebrations have been a bit of a distraction to the players this week (I am not complaining by the way). Time to get a bit of focus back on the job at hand...

We have had a great season with the premier league already wrapped up, even though I am dreading the FA Cup Final, how good would it be to win it by beating our biggest rivals. But the holy grail is the Champions league, we win that and boo the anthem forevermore...CTID!!

Carson

Lewis
Laporte
Akanji
Gomes

Palmer
Phillips
Pep
Mahrez

L Gallagher
Kitman “everybody look at me” Brandon

Play full strength imo

It is one game and we have the best physios/back room staff in the world. They know exactly what the players need and what they don't in terms of playing time. More importantly, the players themselves also know where they are at mentally and if there is one thing we have learnt about Pep, it is that he listens to the players.

We need that ruthlessness when we play the rags & inter, we cannot do the treble without it. We are favourites for both ties but this is never a guarantee. I feel that the celebrations have been a bit of a distraction to the players this week (I am not complaining by the way). Time to get a bit of focus back on the job at hand...

We have had a great season with the premier league already wrapped up, even though I am dreading the FA Cup Final, how good would it be to win it by beating our biggest rivals. But the holy grail is the Champions league, we win that and boo the anthem forevermore...CTID!!
I think you're right.
We shall see though.

I think Pep goes with the strongest team give or take 1 or 2.

I just think he will be saying to the team now, look you have had your fun, but we need to gain back the momentum and the levels set in the Real Madrid home game. If we carry on cruising and playing random teams then even a 5% drop off is absolutely monumental at the highest level of sport.

I don't want us to enter a Napoli like situation where once they won the league it was cruise control, expectedly they dropped their levels slightly but habits set in and as a result AC Milan knocked them out of the CL.

Or a PSG situation where once the league is over they just cruise and think they can turn the tap on once the CL resumes. It never works.

The next two weeks is as big as it gets domestically for these players. In just over two weeks time we could be treble winners, a feat only ever done once in the history of English football. So, no messing about City, lets get the levels back and get some proper momentum going for the next two weeks.

Full strength for 60 mins then make 3 or 4 changes. Get to 75 mins then another 2 changes.
Certain players absolutely have to have rhythm to play at their peak. Thankfully Pep knows this and will respond accordingly.

Please rest Walker, Stones, Rodri & Gundog. Only 45-60m max for KdB, Bernardo & Haaland. That Brentford squad are big buggers who will not be afraid of tough tackling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.