Brentford (H) - PL | Post Match Thread

Good game, closer result than it should have been.

We weren't tip top and we looked rusty and disorganised at times but we still had the beating of them.

Defence was quite poor, Walker didn't have his best game but he's still mr reliable in the longer term.

Stones was imperious. It goes unnoticed. Akanji, not sure.

Midfield were OK. I think we miss foden right now. And when Rodri came on it settled my nerves a bit. Gundog needs to get fully up to speed I think. He wasn't poor, just not as ingenious as he could be.

Kevin was in the zone but it just wouldn't come good for him. Haaland was a man with a mission today, deserved more, as did the team.

Arsenal next? I don't think we're ready to batter them just yet but there again they're not up to their best form yet.

Looking like it's been a good start to the season.

Missed some easy interceptions, tackles and clearances to put ourselves under a lot of pressure. That and Brentford's work rate and organisation made it an uncomfortable afternoon.
Excellent subs.
Lewis was particularly getting doubled up upon and targeted.
Not so old (2 or 3 seasons ago) City draws or even loses that.
Great result and determined performance.

Have to give immense credit to Brentford. Think they can legitimately claim they deserved something, perhaps even a win. Since pep, i don't think I've ever seen another side out-city us in our own back yard for such a long period of the game. The ways they got out was a joy to see, our pressing was sloppy but it's a disservice to them to not give them their credit.

We got away with that one and an Excellent 3 points in the end. Will have to see a drastic improvement in the next two games though, wasnt good enough from so many today.

Anybody else really shocked at just 2 minutes added time? I was certain they'd be 5/6/7 minutes

Difficult game, very poor start, some decent performances though and it was pretty clear they were trying to get Erling a 3rd rather than just trying to score a 3rd.

Thought Jack played really well but I do wish he was more selfish at times.

Brentford were really well drilled and with better decision making could have got something out of that game.

Walker looked well off it. I can’t remember a game when he looked so poor. Hope it was just a bad day at the office for him.

Up the fucking 12 points top of the league blues.

He offered nothing at all going forward and was absolutely shite at the back. He couldn’t even get a throw in right!

Hopefully he will get better but that was dross today.
Mirrored last season as far as I’m concerned he needed to go after the treble but the club didn’t want to loose Mahrez Gundo and him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.