Brentford (H) - PL | Post Match Thread

First six games are always a nightmare as players get up to speed. Could have been three down early doors, credit to Lewis and Ederson for last ditch tackle and save. Kova was being hung out to dry as others weren’t helping out in the middle. Brilliant set up from Brentford, it took an unusually long time for Pep and the players to sort it out. Stones, Walker and Gundo very rusty, Savio looks a baller but made of glass. But it’s three points in the bag and on to the next one.

A win's a win, but was that the quickest goal we've conceded at The Etihad - ever! Can't think of another. But a concession via the bizarre still lurks in Beswick! Joe Mercer will have a wry smile on his face with that Brentford goal. Another goalie who brought his season's best. Probably won't make a string of saves like those this afternoon in another game this season. Haaland could have had his 100th and another hatters. I also thought that having had 90% of the bouncy balls, ricochets that Brentford would nick an equalizer.

Have to give immense credit to Brentford. Think they can legitimately claim they deserved something, perhaps even a win. Since pep, i don't think I've ever seen another side out-city us in our own back yard for such a long period of the game. The ways they got out was a joy to see, our pressing was sloppy but it's a disservice to them to not give them their credit.

We got away with that one and an Excellent 3 points in the end. Will have to see a drastic improvement in the next two games though, wasnt good enough from so many today.

Anybody else really shocked at just 2 minutes added time? I was certain they'd be 5/6/7 minutes
Yeah. Pleasantly shocked!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.