Brentford (H) - Post-Match Thread

Boring to watch. Bit feisty with the Brentford fans when the second went in, which caused a bit of amusement for 10 minutes.

We saw the game out after it went 2-0.

3 more points. 34 out of the last 36 available. No wonder other teams hate us - it's just fucking relentless. No matter if they get a good start to the season, they look at us and know we can go on a 34 out of 36 points type of run. It must be infuriating.

Last edited:
Brian Clough once said if you start drawing after loses the fans are happy, then become unhappy your not winning, then become unhappy your only winning 1-0, then want 2-0..and so on.
We have changed from, this type of win whilst not at our best is the sign of champions....to it was boring, and player x,y,z was shite!
3pts for a win....it's not gymnastics...no extra pts for looking good ;)

Just getting the rust off after a winter break and before that a week between games.
Winning is all that matters though as we gradually slip up through the gears.
Disheartening the dippers as we do and forever laughing at the rags who do dare to engage in conversation

Is that the same Kev that scored the vital second goal & tracked back to stop two one on ones? - jeez I don't know what some of our fans are watching these days. In fact I'd say penalty aside, Mahrez was the one player who was very wasteful in possession. For me a good professional win against a side battling for everything.
I did acknowledge his defensive contribution and explained earlier why he was not at his best going forward today.

Job done. Give me another 12 routine wins and I'll snap your hands off. We do need to find some form though, against tougher opponents that won't be good enough. A penalty and a gift of a goal can't be relied upon every game, we didn't trouble them anywhere near enough. We're lacking flow and tempo. Mahrez is getting the numbers but him aside none of our attackers in good form, that needs to change in the next few weeks. Hoping for an improvement against Norwich but ultimately not arsed so long as we get the 3 points.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.