Brentford (H) - Post-Match Thread

Too many of these shithouse teams get in the Premier league. Always so glad when they get fucked off back to where they belong. PL would be so much better if clubs like Forest and Wednesday could get their act together to get promoted. This lot tonight, Sheff Utd, Stoke, Burnley, Huddersfield they can all fuck off as far as I'm concerned.
Forest have played in the second tier for the majority of their existence.

Sheff Utd, Stoke and Burnley have all been in the top flight more than Forest.
Burnley and Huddersfield have won more league titles than Forest.
Sheff Utd and Stoke get better attendances than Forest.

Apart from one era under one manager, Forest have been a nothing club.

I just don’t see how it will get any better. Don’t get me wrong; I’m not expecting 38 games of excitement but surely it’s better that every game has to mean something?

Whether that is the ESL, smaller squads, shorter leagues, American style play offs, anything that will stop turgid shite like tonight as it’s only going to get worse as the gap widens.

Burnley 0-0 Watford was two teams not wanting to win, is that what the Premier League product is about?
Lessening the financial disparities between divisions will mean there is less to lose so they will take more risks. I can’t see that being popular in the boardrooms of English football but I think it would work. They are afraid to lose because of what they will miss out on financially.

The exact opposite of the esl, in fact, would work best, I feel.

Great result but we played a very pedestrian game. When we got to 2-0 it was very comfortable and we began to create a few chances but I am not sure we would have won that game had Brentford not made two big mistakes.

Forest have played in the second tier for the majority of their existence.

Sheff Utd, Stoke and Burnley have all been in the top flight more than Forest.
Burnley and Huddersfield have won more league titles than Forest.
Sheff Utd and Stoke get better attendances than Forest.

Apart from one era under one manager, Forest have been a nothing club.
Can't stick Forest

Another fan base who think they are more deserving of where they should be

Seen a fair bit of criticism in the last few months for KDB Raz & Mahrez, maybe not so much for Mahrez, but there are those who would like him moving on for the next big thing or to free up a squad place, these three are producing, there’s an end product. I know Raz has his detractors & he can be frustrating at times (we all know his Achilles heel) but he’s getting somewhere near back to his best. Mahrez is our top scorer (despite missing a month) and will be crucial in the CL, remember last season? Yeah he’s in his thirties but he’s no geriatric. As for Kev, he’s obviously been affected by the injuries & covid, and may never reach the bar he set previously, but he is producing key moments, finishing games off or scoring the only goal in a one nil win, he may give the ball away, or misplace a pass but his role in the team is to force the play, not take the safe option. A bigger concern for me is the false nine with neither Jack or Phil nailing it, maybe it’s time to give Bernie (who’s been very quiet lately) a shot in there, worked at the toilet, or Gundy who’s movement is outstanding

I’ve decided there’s something wrong with me! I very rarely find a game of football played by City to be boring. Ok not the best match I’ve watched but it was exciting, interesting and we should have scored more goals but not boring.

The atmosphere and noise was top notch, the opposition manager has a voice like a child when he screeches at his players. He only came out of his technical area once on ‘my’ side of it but he was close to going in to join Pep a few times in his area but I didn’t notice him that much last night as I was just enjoying the game.

John Boy was a joy to watch, Cancelo, KDB and Sterling, like him were everywhere and the rest were great.
Thank you City, thank you Blue supporters, you were fantastic.
As I said there’s something wrong with me or maybe it’s still a left over from the days when we weren’t as good?

Forgot about Sunderland. These shit house teams are going to kill the Premier league with their tactics. They make the game unwatchable. But strangely the dickhead pundits keep praising forest. Notts county are going to be back soon. Love luton and wrexham up to. Up the shitter

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.